COSTI REQUIRES A COOK FOR ITS RALPH CHIODO FAMILY IMMIGRANT RECEPTION CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, visit www.costi.org.
This is a full-time Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• Prepares and cooks large quantities of food for up to 120 people in accordance with the Canada Food Guide.
• Conducts inventory control and advises the Manager, Food Services regarding need for supplies and donations.
• Cleans and disinfects the kitchen and its equipment according to the Public Health Department standards.
• Ensures that food preparation meets the standards of the Public Health Department.
• Carry and stores food and supplies (up to 50 pounds).
• Prepares service records and communicate with Kitchen Manager.
• Trains and supervises kitchen volunteers for program delivery.
• Serves food to Centre residents.
• Food Handlers Certification is a must.
• A minimum of 12 months’ work experience cooking in a kitchen preparing large quantity cooking (120 people per meal).
• Able to carry and lift up to 50lbs.
• Able to cook Middle Eastern cuisine and international food.
• Must have a WHMIS certificate.
• Experience working with refugees and understanding of issues related to poor nutrition and food starvation would be an asset.
• Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills.
• Able to cover weekend and Holiday shifts when needed with advanced notice.
• Fluency in English is a must. Ability to speak one of the following languages is considered an asset: Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Amharic, Spanish and French.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. TVSS must have been completed within past 6 months.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link: