ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting employers with qualified employees from diverse backgrounds. More than 35,000 job seekers are served annually at six locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit corporation, ACCES receives funding from all levels of government, corporate sponsors, various supporters and the United Way Greater Toronto.
ACCES is looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee Assistance Program.
The Administration and Procurement Coordinator works closely and confidentially with the Manager, Administration and Procurement and is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of administration and procurement functions in support of the organization.
- Ensures procurement needs are met and compliant with the organization’s Finance and Administration Policy, internal controls, Bylaws, the Broader Public Sector (BPS) Act, 2010, procurement best practices and supporting policies, protocols and standard operating procedures to achieve the goals of fair, open and transparent procurement opportunities
- Assists with developing/selecting appropriate procurement methods and the selection of bidders in conjunction with the Manager of Administration and Procurement
- Liaises with internal departments to develop procurement and contract documents including revision of Instructions to Bidders as appropriate for the procurement, to review specifications and revise as appropriate, to assist with developing criteria for evaluating submissions, responding to vendor inquiries and evaluating submissions
- Assists with reviewing, in detail, the contents of Request for Proposals and assesses their compliance with tender requirements, identifies Requests for Proposals as responsive or non-responsive, and prepares a summary of tender results
- Assists with conducting the prequalification of contractors, consultants and vendors for the organization’s projects, when required
- Coordinates and prepares addenda to tenders, final contract documents and amendments and approvals as required
- Reviews contract terms and other documents to assess risk and to minimize/mitigate the organization’s exposure to litigation
- Works with the Manager, Administration and Procurement to review administrative and procurement processes and to establish operational metrics (including indexes and reports) for the Senior Team
- Oversees the processing of monthly recurring bills
- Supports the department’s activities by maintaining archives and filing systems, preparing and organizing meetings, training initiatives, events and other functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a combination of education and training deemed equivalent
- Over 3 years of related work experience. Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
- Strong experience with procurement processes guided by the Broader Public Sector (BPS) 2010 Act and administrative processes
- A good grasp of business analytics (metrics, Business Intelligence and dashboards) pertaining to the operations of non-profits is an asset
- Familiarity with ERP, SharePoint and online Procurement platforms is an asset
- Highly proficient working knowledge of MS Office (Microsoft Word, Access and PowerPoint with advanced knowledge of Excel)
- Completion of a professional development program with certification such as Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) or completion of the Ontario Public Buyers Association’s (OPBA’s) Principles of Effective Public Purchasing Certificate Program is an asset
- Advanced communication skills, including oral, written and presentation, in addition to developing meeting materials and facilitating training sessions, when required
- Ability to work in teams and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, problem solving, and negotiation skills, with the ability to utilize initiative to drive continuous improvement and innovation in areas pertaining to procurement and administration
- Demonstrated judgement and discretion managing confidential information pertaining to business and personal information
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, time manage and respond to time sensitive issues while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast paced, flexible, challenging and progressive environment
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations as needed
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
Contract Duration: 12 Month Contract with Possibility of Extension
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter by 5:00 p.m. Friday, January 17, 2020 to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Please Note: ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you to all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you to all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidate may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identify or gender expression.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.