Who we are:
OCASI – Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants acts as the collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations in Ontario and coordinates responses to shared needs and concerns. Our mission is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life. OCASI was founded in 1978 and now has 240 member agencies across Ontario. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors.
OCASI seeks an individual to join our dynamic and growing National Community of Practice Team. The positions offer unique opportunities for individuals with a general aptitude for technology and online community development and the ability to build capacity within the immigrant and refugee services sector.
About the CoP:
OCASI has developed a bilingual National Settlement Sector Community of Practice (CoP) where sector staff, leaders, and those in related fields can learn, share, connect, and collaborate. The project objectives are to:
- Build a Community of Practice where settlement practitioners, leaders, and professionals in related sectors can connect, share, collaborate, and learn; thereby building their knowledge and skills capacity with a focus on improving settlement services
- Facilitate the provision of consistent, innovative, and coordinated services
- Create a unique "Settlement Hub" for the sector where members collect, disseminate, and find
- Minimum of post-secondary diploma (e.g. social science, social work, community development, immigration & settlement studies) or the equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience working in the non-profit sector
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role in a non-profit organization
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
- Knowledge of the immigrant and refugee serving sector and the essential competencies settlement practitioners require to support immigrants and refugees
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of online digital tools and platforms including Google Analytics
- Experience developing helpful user documentation and tutorials
- Advanced digital communication skills, including social media and email marketing
- Strong work ethic, self-directed, and a high degree of diplomacy with proven
attention to detail
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively
with various stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to set priorities, plan and meet deadlines
- Experience building and nurturing the growth of the communities of practice
- Ability to interact with community members and guide them through an online platform; Experience in developing and delivering training online
- Solid judgment and problem-solving skills with proven attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Use a variety of strategies to increase community engagement
- Implement strategies to develop and support CoP members' engagement and online network building
- Provide settlement practitioners leadership and mentoring to increase users' engagement in the Community of Practice
- Develop community engagement strategies that strengthen relationships with and amongst members of the CoP and encourage the creation of communities of practice (groups within the community)
- Monitor platform activities on a month-to-month basis using Google Analytics and build-in features of the platform
- Work with the team to develop help documentation, FAQ and tutorials to facilitate onboarding and examples of what can be done on the platform
- Determine project priorities and manage projects tasks accordingly
- Monitor and report on project progress
Contract ending June 30, 2024
Compensation: (as per OCASI salary grid)
Deadline for Application: June 16, 2023
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume with the subject line: Coordinator, Community Engagement - National Online Community of Practice (CoP): Hiring Committee, OCASI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCASI is committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.