ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting employers with qualified employees from diverse backgrounds. More than 35,000 job seekers are served annually at six locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit corporation, ACCES receives funding from all levels of government, corporate sponsors, various supporters and the United Way Greater Toronto.
ACCES is looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Reporting to the Project Manager, En Français Programs at ACCES Toronto, the position of Coordinator, En Français Programs is responsible for assisting with the coordination, planning and implementation of bilingual programming to ensure effective delivery in alignment with funder guidelines. The primary responsibilities include coordinating daily operations, planning, scheduling and administration for these programs. This is a non-union position.
- Works with the Project Manager to oversee the daily program administration and coordination of programming for French/English bilingual newcomers
- Coordinates the planning and scheduling of all project/program activities including events, guest speakers, information sessions, meetings as required
- Provide support and supervision to the project/program staff as directed by the Manager/Director
- Assists with HR activities to support the Manager including interviewing and hiring of staff, conducting orientation and training, scheduling staff vacations, performance reviews, planning staff professional development, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing program delivery and back-up in the Manager’s absence
- Assists with file audits to ensure proper documentation as applicable
- Assists with intake, assessment and support of clients as required
- Assists with overall project consistency and the development and implementation of systems and procedures for the evaluation of the project, ensuring compliance with funder guidelines and targets
- Assists with coordination, preparation, collection and maintenance of regular reports, schedules, statistics, and minutes as required; may include planning and implementing program in collaboration with project manager
- Assists in data entry and evaluation of project results; monitor progress and success
- Assists with marketing and promotion and community outreach as well as employer outreach
- Assists staff with ensuring all client needs are met
- Responsible for overseeing project delivery in the Manager’s absence
- Make recommendations to Manager regarding project activities to improve its administration efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with appropriate community agencies, in particular Francophone partner agencies, which may include attending and speaking at meetings or other functions
- Other duties as assigned including support of site activities and staff supervision as required, and evening supervisor shift rotation
An organized self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
- Post-secondary education
- Over 3 years’ related work experience
- Relevant experience coordinating multi-stakeholder projects/programs and/or special events
- Experience in case and file management
- Excellent French and English verbal and written communication skills is a requirement
- Sound knowledge of the Canadian bilingual French/English labour market
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector and working in a diverse community
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels in the organization and with clients, employers, community partners, service providers, and funders
- Knowledge of the Francophone community and Francophone agencies in Ontario
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexible to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to handle the privacy of personal information and use sound judgment in protecting proprietary and/or confidential information related to business activities
- Exceptional planning, organization and problem solving skills; must be pro-active, and have a strong sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations, partner and employer organizations and to Speed Mentoring events across Ontario as required
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Candidates should state the position of interest (including location) in the subject of the email.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.