Peel Multicultural Council (PMC) is a non-profit and charitable organization that promotes a harmonious multicultural society and its key service pillars consist of Settlement and Integration of newcomers to Canada, Neighborhood Development, Health and Wellness, Education & Training and Employment Support.
Under the direction of the Language Programs Manager, the Coordinator will facilitate and deliver activities and duties of the Language Programs in accordance with policies and guidelines of the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada –IRCC, Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and those of PMC.
- Work closely with the Language Program Manager and advocate to develop and implement Language Program services
- Compile and prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly activity, attendance and statistical progress reports as per IRCC and MCCSS mandates, via CLARS, xPortal, and iCARE
- Monitoring and evaluation of the Language Programs and conduct client surveys and feedback sessions
- k Intake clients for Language Programs registration, book potential client’s assessment tests, maintain client attendance and CLB progressions in CLARS and xPortal
- Prepare client registration records
- Coordinate with Settlement Workers to facilitate group orientation sessions for the Language Programs participants
- Organize employment related presentations and library tours for ELT participants
- Conduct outreach into the communities of Mississauga and Brampton
- Represent the Language Programs if and when necessary at Peel-wide and Ontario-wide consultations and networking meetings
- Participate in agency activities such as AGM and Volunteer Appreciation Evening, community forums, inter-cultural events etc.
- Keep up to date on issues, policies and legislation affecting newcomers
- Adhere to all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupation health and safety, human rights, etc) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Language Programs Manager and Executive Director
- Post-secondary education (BA or College Diploma) in a related field of social work
- Demonstrated experience working in the social services or a community-based organization
- Excellent oral and written English skills, public speaking, and report writing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with diplomacy and tact
- Experience using CLARS, iCARE, xPortal, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail
- Public relations, marketing and community outreach experience
- Experience working with the business sector and community-based partnerships
- Knowledge of legislation, policies and issues relating to FTPs
- Knowledge of research methodology and the use of research tools
- Cross cultural communication skills and ability to work with participants, staff, volunteers and employer partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills; understanding of cultures and sensitivity to immigrant and refugee issues
- Language other than English
- Own transportation; valid driver’s license and insurance
- Flexibility of time; ability to work on weekends and evenings
- Knowledge of the social services/immigrant-serving sector of Peel Region/GTA
How to apply:
Please email resume by January 18, 2019 by 5:00 p.m. to:
Peel Multicultural Council
6630 Turner Valley Road
Mississauga, ON, L5N 2P1
Note: Due to the anticipated high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. In the spirit of the Human Rights Code, we ask that resumes not include personal data such as age, health, marital and family status, place of origin, and gender.
PMC is an equal opportunity employer.