Who we are
OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants acts as a collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations and coordinates responses to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors and a membership of over 232 community-based organizations in Ontario.
Our mission is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life. OCASI prides itself on the highest standard of ethics and compliance with our values, our mission, and vision.
We are looking for a Coordinator, Web Development to assist on multiple projects by ensuring the coding standards are met on all of OCASI websites and platforms as well as optimizing the web architectures for navigability and accessibility. This position is also responsible for ensuring that code and databases are being backed up. The Coordinator Web will have a commitment to and awareness of equity, access to services, anti-racism and anti-oppression, gender-justice and anti-poverty as it relates to immigrants and refugees.
- Responsible for the technical design for OCASI websites
- Maintain and enhance websites by adding and improving design and interactive features
- Work closely with content team to suggest and carry out design improvements and enhancements as required
- Participate in the strategic planning and promotion of sites as part of the team
- Maintain and enhance internal web-based tools
- Provide ongoing technical and design maintenance including minor upgrades, monitoring access, bandwidth issues, etc.
- Responsible for the oversight of servers and internet operations for our co-located servers
- Monitor systems operations liaise with subcontractors to ensure that the necessary modifications are made to the systems, ensure systems are backed up
- Adjust existing databases as required
- Successful completion of a degree or diploma in computer science, web development or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing Ontario’s immigrants and refugees and the member agencies that serve them is a definite asset
- Strong skills in installing, customizing, updating and maintaining open source software such as Drupal
- Strong skills in Java Script and APIs
- Knowledge of .NET, SQL and Microsoft server technologies.
- Ability to migrate sites from version to version, across technology stacks and server infrastructures
- Experienced in working with MySQL database
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement important SEO principle
- Ability to understand and contribute to functional requirements and translate them into technical design and development projects
- Ability to clearly document features, technical specifications and infrastructure requirements for self-produced technical work and job processes
- Able to continuously monitor industry trends, technologies and standards in order to research, recommend and apply new technologies as they emerge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines and demanding schedules
- Able to work quickly and on multiple projects at once
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working in high-pressure situations
- Willingness to work in an environment where projects and priorities often change
- Good judgment, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
Job type: Full-time position based on 35 hrs/week
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume with Coordinator, Web Development in the title by September 18th, 2020 to:
Hiring Committee, OCASI
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity. OCASI hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.