ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting employers with qualified employees from diverse backgrounds. More than 35,000 job seekers are served annually at six locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit corporation, ACCES receives funding from all levels of government, corporate sponsors, various supporters and the United Way Greater Toronto.
ACCES is looking for skilled and career-oriented people who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
ACCES’ IT team delivers information management and technology services for the entire organization and is responsible for assisting staff and clients in digital transformation. Our IT team is the catalyst for rolling out this vision to our organization.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager of IT, the Database and Network Administrator will provide support to the organization through the administration of Windows systems, Salesforce and other database platforms. In addition, the candidate will also be able to identify and troubleshoot issues related to workstations, servers, network devices, VOIP phones, basic switch configuration, basic video conference system configuration and tablet/phone devices.
This role will mainly work from our head office in Toronto, but will require traveling to other locations.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), cloud services, and computers and peripheral equipment
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software
- Monitor the performance of computer systems and networks; coordinate access and use of computer networks
- Communicate changes, fixes and processes to the user community
- Assist with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems
- Identifying and solving any problems that arise with computer networks and systems
- Implement data, software, and hardware security procedures
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade server hardware and software
- Database installation, configuration and maintenance
- Design backup processes for server/database and perform backups and disaster recovery operations
- Understand and utilize knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Create new user profiles and monitor access levels
- Install high-priority updates from Salesforce
- Run quarterly database maintenance reports
- Provide prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues
- Manage Salesforce security including roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups
- Maintain and customize Salesforce applications
- Build custom reports, dashboards, and workflows
- Manage operational requests and reporting
- Develop training materials and provide training and support to Salesforce end users
- Maintain database for integrity and accuracy including cleansing and duplicate record management
- Understand AODA Compliance in order to maintain accessibility standards on the website
- Evaluate new releases of Salesforce to determine functionality requirements and provide detailed information on how changes will apply to all affected departments/users
An organized self-starter with education and experience in the following areas:
- Post-secondary education in computer science, IT, or a related field
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification is an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ of related work experience
- Solid hardware knowledge with PCs, mobile computing and peripherals
- SQL Server or Salesforce experience (implementation, administration, and/or development) is preferred
- Working knowledge of Office 365 is an asset
- Program or project experience in the IT sector
- Demonstrated experience as a professional who is results-oriented, customer-focused, adaptable, innovative, and takes initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an open and effective communicator who can successfully execute diagnostics and resolve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain good working relationships necessary to work effectively with all levels in the organization and service providers
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexible to respond to time-sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to use sound judgment in protecting information that is confidential and sensitive in nature
- Strong organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be pro-active, self-motivated, and has a sense of urgency
- Previous experience working in the not-for-profit sector and working with a diverse community is an asset
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations or as needed
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume and cover letter indicating on the subject line the position of interest by December 13, 2019 before 9:00 a.m. to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Please Note: This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidate may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identify or gender expression.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you to all applicants. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.