The Language and Skills Training program at North York provides new immigrants with essential training in areas related to digital literacy, computer applications, and job-specific language.
This is a full-time Union position scheduled to work 30 hours per week.
• Coordinates program activities with the language and skills instructors to ensure program targets are met.
• Provides intake, assessment and program placement for participants seeking digital skills training or job-specific training in the fields of child care, food services or retail/customer service.
• Markets program information to participants, employers, newcomers serving organizations and the community in general.
• Organizes information sessions for participants and partnering agencies or potential employers.
• Liaises with employers and employment services to provide mentoring, guest speaker visits or potential job placement.
• Organizes field trips to work locations for participants.
• Researches and keeps up to date on new training materials or resources related to digital literacy and computer applications.
• Researches and compiles up-to-date information on child care, food services and retail/customer service and labour market conditions.
• Compiles written and statistical reports required by funder and agency.
• Community College diploma or equivalent, preference will be given to those with a Career and Work Diploma.
• TESL Ontario certification is an asset.
• Must have a minimum of 6 months experience coordinating an newcomer language or skills training program.
• Must be able to work flexible hours. This includes evenings and weekends as required.
• Strong coordination, organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills.
• Knowledge of Internet, email and Windows environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of digital platforms, learning management systems and
best practices in online lesson delivery.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in a team setting.
• Verbal and written fluency in English, ability to speak another language would be asset.
• Knowledge and experience in the delivery of information sessions virtually and face-to-face.
• Must have access to a car.
• Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
LOCATION: 1700 Wilson Ave., Suite 206, Toronto ON
START DATE: April 17, 2023
STARTING SALARY: $43, 524 to $46, 847 per annum + benefits
POSTING DATE: March 20, 2023
CLOSING DATE: March 31, 2023
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #82-23 to the below link: