Are you an experienced knowledge mobilization professional who thrives on translating research into practice? Are you a natural collaborator with a proven flair for facilitating learning? Do you have a track record of managing projects to the highest level? Refugee 613 is looking for a talented project coordinator to join our dynamic team and lead an innovative digital project.
Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO) supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
About Refugee 613:
Refugee 613 is a project created by a grassroots network of citizens, settlement agencies, sponsorship groups, and community partners. We provide our partners and the public with information, connection and inspiration to foster community welcome and integration of refugees. Refugee 613 is hosted by OCISO and operates as an independent, non-partisan project.
As part of its mandate to provide innovative information services, Refugee 613 is entering the final year of the Digital Messaging for Settlement and Integration (DMSI) initiative. A 3-year project funded by IRCC, DMSI is testing a variety of approaches to the use of digital messaging for the delivery of settlement information to newcomers, with the main goal being to improve the settlement and integration experience. We have completed a national environmental scan of existing digital communications services for settlement, an in-depth evaluation of Refugee 613’s own digital messaging pilot, and the implementation of additional models in four sites across Canada. In this final phase, the DMSI initiative will focus on translating our learning into effective tools, resources and events that build the capacity of others the settlement sector to design and implement their own digital messaging solutions.
Reporting to the Director, the Digital Projects Coordinator will lead the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the knowledge mobilization phase of the DMSI initiative and support Refugee 613 to fulfill its mandate to inform, connect and inspire.
Reports to: Director, Refugee 613
- Develop and implement day-to-day activities using detailed project workplan(s)
- Oversee comprehensive evaluations for overall project and for individual pilot projects, including data collection and analysis
- Develop and implement knowledge mobilization plan, including audience mapping, designing and executing communications strategy and development of resources
- Write, edit and produce toolkits, webinars, PowerPoints and other resources to share best practices and lessons learned
- Develop the DMSI community of practice as a platform for peer learning
- Organize national workshop on digital messaging for settlement and integration
- Supervise project consultants (for example, researchers, evaluators, graphic designers)
- Collaborate with DMSI team to support project partners and other stakeholders
- Supervise adminstrative activities, including budgeting and HR
- Ensure quarterly reporting to funder and partners
- Prepare and deliver presentations to external audiences
- Collaborate with Refugee 613 colleagues in meetings, committees and work as requested by the Director
- Represent Refugee 613 in committees, workshops and conferences as approved by the Director
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect approach
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with a specific knowledge mobilization mandate in government, NGO or community agency, or in a research or policy environment
- Post-secondary or graduate degree in the social sciences or humanities, information studies/library studies or journalism, or equivalent professional experience
- At least three years professional experience in project management, including monitoring and evaluation
- Outstanding English writing and editing skills
- Highly motivated, creative and organized
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills
- Experience in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Proficiency with the full MS Office Suite, project management software and CRM databases
- Experience managing digital projects
- Proficiency in French
- Experience working in the non-profit sector, particularly in delivery of services supporting the settlement and integration of newcomers
- Ability to thrive in an open-space environment with a small, mission-driven team
Term: Full time - 35 hours per week, January 6, 2020 – December 2020
Salary & Benefits: $53,000 - $57,000 annually. Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by 5:00 p.m. on November 29, 2019 to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Coordinator
Fax (613) 288-2674
In the following format:
- A cover letter, with the file protocol: NAME_DigitalProjectsCoordinator_CoverLetter
- A resume with the file protocol: NAME_ DigitalProjectsCoordinator_Resume
- Two samples of your writing from a knowledge mobilization format, such as a toolkit, webinar or fact sheet
- In your cover letter, please summarize in 250 words or less how you meet the specific Essential Qualifications listed above. Please do not summarize your work history in your cover letter.
Please note: We will not be able to consider applications that do not follow the above instructions.
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you to all applicants for applying; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.