Director, Housing Initiatives and Strategic Development
We are a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. We are searching for a dynamic and dedicated individual to join our team in the newly created role of Director, Housing Initiatives and Strategic Development. If you want to apply your skills, experience, and talents to an organization that is making a difference in the lives of newcomers then this is the opportunity for you!
Why join us?
We ensure our employees are reflective of the diverse clientele that we serve. We thrive on supporting our community, performing meaningful work, learning from our colleagues, making a difference and having fun!
What do we offer?
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive dental and health packages, paid sick time, learning and development opportunities, employee recognition programs, and a great workplace culture.
What you will be doing:
• Develop and execute CCS’ new housing initiative including the development and expansion of strategic partnerships, resource development and government relations
• Lead the development of project-specific business cases, financial models, and transaction documents in support of the business development of the housing initiative
• Develop the operating and capital budgets, financial controls and compliance, performance management, project leadership, change management initiatives, staffing, and financial stewardship for the project
• Formulate strategies and transaction structures to develop assets, including the formation of partnership opportunities with other levels of government and across the broader public sector
• Structure and lead discussions and communications with private sector stakeholders through structured dialogue forums including market soundings and transaction implementation discussions
• Lead the establishment of governance processes and work plans for projects including appropriate approval and oversight committees
• Expand the strategic presence and participation of CCS in regional tables to advance the organization’s overall mission and vision
• Establish and develop strong relationships with a wide network of staff, committees, politicians, peers and key community leaders
What are we looking for?
• Post-secondary education in fields such as social services, community development, planning, public administration or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant work experience
• Minimum of 5 years management experience and leading teams
• A valid Social Insurance Number and legally entitled to work in Canada under relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
• Successful completion of a background check and/or vulnerable sector check upon hire
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Candidate will be required to work in both Peel and Toronto
How to apply:
Please refer to the CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code T402.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until a candidate is selected
“Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.