ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 40,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women, and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide 35+ customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills, and experience of Canada's population.
We are looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Service Excellence & Entrepreneurship, the position of Director, Entrepreneurship Connections® provides an important strategic oversight and leadership to the Entrepreneurship Connections® Program, including the development and rollout of this exciting project locally, nationally, as well as for pre-arrival immigrants. The Entrepreneurship Connections® program is an award-winning program designed for newcomers who plan to start a business in Canada. This innovative program assists newcomers who have owned or operated a business outside of Canada, or are transitioning their expertise into a business startup, to successfully start their business in the Canadian market. Our clients receive tailored training and wrap-around supports such as: key topics essential for newcomer entrepreneurs; individual coaching and mentoring; developing a business plan; and, connecting to the entrepreneurship eco-system in their communities, and across Canada. The incumbent in this position will work primarily in the Toronto office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the development, delivery, and evaluation of all project components, including special initiatives, participant recruitment, vendor contracts, MOUs, and communications with project partners, outreach, and client management.
• Facilitate the growth of this national project locally, as well as the Pre-Arrival program stream, including working effectively with local delivery partner organizations in select cities as well as engaging additional local and national partners.
• Lead, develop and participate in proposal writing and seeking additional funding and resources.
• Overall consolidation, development and evaluation of the program and ensuring the program complies with funders’ contracts, guidelines, and targets. (e.g., assessment, curriculum development, course delivery, etc.)
• Coordinate, support, and engage the Program Advisory Committee.
• Oversee the collection, preparation, and maintenance of all reports & statistics.
• Oversee file audits to ensure proper documentation and service excellence.
• Provide leadership to staff and contractors working with the project both at the local and national levels.
• Work closely with internal departments and teams, as well as with stakeholders and partner organizations to ensure appropriate coordination of program components.
• Oversee the ongoing development and launch of digital content, and delivery of program components through the ACCES online platform.
• Continue to collaborate and grow existing and new relationships with corporate partners and supporters.
• Support the enhancement and development of the existing mentoring component of the program.
• Responsible for fulfilling the above responsibilities and all other duties as required by Management.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Successful completion of a university degree and 8 years of relevant experience in Human Services, including leadership of programs and teams.
• Prior management experience required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of small business development and entrepreneurship, including an understanding of market trends and resources for small business, particularly as they relate to newcomers.
• A minimum of 2+ years’ experience writing successful grant proposals in non-profit or similar settings and managing government-funded projects/budgets.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven abilities to build and deepen collaborative relationships and partnerships with clients, internal and external stakeholders, and community and corporate partners.
• Strong political and business acuity, with the ability to lead and influence positively within complex multi-disciplinary and diverse communities within non-profit or similar work settings, initiatives, and projects.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, creativity, and ability to both lead teams and work as part of a team.
• Proven exemplary English verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to deliver presentations.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and managing budgets, reporting and proposal writing.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to effectively research and navigate an online environment.
• Demonstrated familiarity with blended learning delivery methods, utilizing both online and in-person training methods and tools.
• Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours.
• Ability to travel in the Greater Toronto area as well as oversee delivery nationally as needed.
• French language proficiency, written and spoken, is an asset.
• Successful candidates short-listed for an interview will be required to complete a writing assignment.
Skills and Competencies:
• Results orientation
• Customer focus
• Team player
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Creativity and Innovation
• Ability to take initiative
• Effective communication skills
• Collaborative decision making
• Ability to navigate and manage change
• Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexibility to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working in the office and from home. Currently the commitment is three days in-office at our ACCES Toronto site, and two days remote.
This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should apply with their resume with a cover letter through our careers page: https://accesemployment.ca/learn-about-us/work-with-us
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons and, persons with disabilities.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of any accommodation measures that are required. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.