COSTI REQUIRES A PART TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT FOR ITS ITS ENHANCED LANGUAGE TRAINING SERVICES IN PEEL
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The ELT program combines advanced level language training (Canadian Language Benchmark Levels 7) with sector specific terminology training and job placement for Internationally Trained and Experienced Professionals.
This is a union position, scheduled to work 30 hours per week. **
• Provides administrative and secretarial support to ELT manager and team
• Handles client inquiries in person, on the telephone and via email and virtual meeting tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services
• Verifies, complies, corrects and types statistical and narrative reports
• Prepares and types letters, documents and certificates for signature regarding status of client
• Participate in intake and registration
• Responsible for client registration online and in person
• Responsible for input of client data into CIS, HARTs and iCare
• Liaises with assessment centre for client intake assessment and placement
• Liaises with instructors and program staff and to collect and compile data for entry into CIS, HARTs and iCare
• Prepares and verifies petty cash and course deposit statements for manager
• Orders office and program supplies as required
• Handles client inquiries in person, on the telephone, via email and virtual meeting tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services
• Creates, organizes and maintains operational files online
• Supports new clients’ access on Zoom to prepare for attendance in virtual classes
• Prepares and distributes materials for program outreach
• Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies
• Performs other administrative duties as required
• Ability to work remotely and independently using the phone, computer and internet
• Knowledge of Google Drive and Google Classroom
• Experience using virtual meeting tools such as Zoom, High-Five or Go-to-Meeting
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet and email
• High school graduation or equivalent and 1 year office experience
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential
• Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers
• Ability to speak second language rather than English is an asset.
• Knowledge of iCARE, CIS or CLARS would be an asset
Please note that a written and technical assessment will be administered to demonstrate both written and planning skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications and Outlook at an advanced level.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link: