CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status.
We are searching for a dynamic and dedicated Employment Access Program Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will oversee the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of CCS’ employment programs for newcomers in Scarborough and Peel Region.
Why join us?
We ensure our employees are reflective of the diverse clientele that we serve. We thrive on supporting our community, performing meaningful work, learning from our colleagues, making a difference and having fun!
What do we offer?
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive dental and health packages, paid sick time, learning and development opportunities, employee recognition programs, and a great workplace culture.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, develop, expand and supervise all aspects of the employment program
- Develop, implement and evaluate short-term and long-term employment program plans to meet emerging community needs
- Ensure delivery of all program activities including assessment, referrals, networking, follow-up support, workplace and post-training activities and development of resources
- Develop and maintain service delivery partnerships in support of program activities
- Devise and implement program’s outreach strategy
- Work with partner agencies, including UTSC, and consultants to implement employment program-focused research and evaluation activities to support and enhance program delivery
- Ensure collection and entry of service data into agency database (OCMS) and ensure the reporting of all relevant data into iCARE on a regular basis
- Monitor the program budget and prepare monthly financial reports for the Associate Director and Finance department
- Recruit, train, and supervise program staff and volunteers to ensure effective delivery of services and compliance with all required policies and procedures
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the office location where applicable
What are we looking for?
- Post-secondary education in Social Sciences, Humanities, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of managerial experience, including staff supervision and evaluation, preferably in employment related programs
- Strong knowledge of local systems, services and resources relevant to newcomer employment and/or self-employment
- Knowledge of employment issues and barriers experienced by newcomers
- Knowledge of current trends in employment, labour market and workforce development
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organization and time management
- Demonstrated budgeting experience including maintaining cashflow and preparing financial reports is a must
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English; fluency in a second language relevant to the community is an asset
- Ability to work productively in an MS Office environment and comfortable using virtual technology tools; familiarity with learner management platforms such as Moodle is an asset
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a car
- A clear, mandatory criminal check must be presented before starting position
Salary: $70,000-$75,000 /year based on experience; plus benefits (after completion of the required probationary period)
Location: Required to work in both Toronto and Peel
Hours: 35 hrs. per week. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required
How to apply:
Please refer to the CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code T424.
CCS is committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We seek applicants who will strengthen our commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion. We encourage qualified candidates from Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, visible minorities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, all genders, and persons with disabilities to consider working with and for CCS.
We strongly encourage all those who are interested to apply, even if they do not meet every requirement!
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.