ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 40,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.
ACCES is looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
The position of Employment Consultant is responsible for providing employment services for clients. The individual in this position will work in collaboration with the ACCES Employment Services team and will work closely with all community partner agencies.
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counseling and referrals
- Facilitate workshops that will prepare clients to market themselves to employers and to find and maintain employment
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community organizations and partners to make appropriate referrals
- Maintain an active caseload, including all file management responsibilities
- Advocate on behalf of clients whenever necessary, including support in areas of employment, skills training, social assistance and equitable access to services
- Meet monthly statistical requirements and maintain professional and effective information tracking systems on all activities performed
- Conduct needs assessments and career testing in individual and/or group settings
- Provide professional support to clients using ACCES resource services
- Develop relationships with private and public sector employers in order to market ACCES services and clients and place clients in jobs
- Participate fully and responsibly as an equal member of an employment consulting team
- And other duties as assigned
- A post-secondary education in Career and Work Counseling, Adult Education or a related field and/or 5 years directly related work experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies and employers
- Thorough knowledge of all facets of job search and career development including an understanding of labour market trends and resources
- Demonstrated ability to conduct outreach\marketing of clients and services to employers
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Experience working with Internationally Educated Professionals is considered a strong asset
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Online facilitation experience and ability to navigate virtual facilitation platforms such as, Zoom, MS Teams, and Webex is considered an asset
- Experience working in an MSOffice environment; familiarity with digital platforms and database management programs (ex. Salesforce)
- Knowledge of/experience working with marginalized communities, including youth, newcomers, and internationally trained professionals who may be experiencing employment barriers is an asset
- Previous experience with Employment Ontario Programs is an asset
- Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate is an asset
- Fluency in a second language will be considered an asset
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
Job status: Unionized
Salary: $53,928.27 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Candidates should state the position of interest (including program and location) in the subject of the email. Ex. Employer Liaison, Supply Chain Connections, Mississauga.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons and, persons with disabilities.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of any accommodation measures that are required. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working in the office and from home. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
Please Note: ACCES remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of October 1, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions. Employees who are not fully vaccinated due to a valid medical exemption must provide written proof from an allergist/immunologist/cardiologist.