Times Change Women’s Employment Service is a non-profit community agency providing employment and educational counselling for women. We are seeking an experienced Employment Counsellor for case management, one-on-one counselling and group facilitation. The employment counsellor will be required to provide all aspects of Employment Ontario’s Assisted Services model.
Times Change is a single-layer organization where the roles and responsibilities of management are also carried out by the staff. In understanding this, we are looking for a candidate who brings strong knowledge, understanding and experience from the non-profit sector. We are specifically looking for an individual with exceptional leadership skills who has the ability to manage, and a strong understanding of our funders, most importantly, Employment Ontario.
• Facilitate group workshops on Job Search techniques, the Career Planning Workshop and Orientation (remotely and in person)
• Facilitate regular Second Career Workshops
• Provide individual employment counselling and case management to assist clients with career decision making, job search, and barriers to employment
• Individual follow up with Second Career applicants to complete an initial assessment and a follow up meeting to review completed Second Career applications and submit completed Second Career applications
• Further follow up appointments as required to submit Amendment requests for current contracts or provide ongoing counselling and support as needed
• Keep all client statistical records, including entering client case management information into EOIS-CaMS database
• Follow up with clients on a regular basis and report on progress/results
• Research information about labour market and employment trends
• Perform administrative duties including: regular front desk shifts (when back at the office) and the compilation of monthly statistics
• Participate in external committees, community events and outreach as required to meet the demands of the program
• As part of the Collective, participate in agency committees, participate in decision making, funding/fundraising activities, and sharing responsibility for the day-to-day management of the agency including regular attendance at staff meetings
• Experience in case management, career and job search counselling, with both groups and individuals: minimum three (3) years
• Previous experience in management or leadership
• Post-secondary education in a related field, or equivalent experience
• Strong workshop facilitation (in person and virtually), one-on-one counselling, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Solid knowledge of employment and labour market trends
• Knowledge of the impact of COVID-19 on the labour market for women, job search techniques, job search resources and methods
• Experience working in an Employment Ontario service delivery environment
• Ability to compile and maintain statistics and meet Employment Ontario targets
• Equipped to work remotely; adequate internet capabilities
• Knowledge of online communication platforms, techniques, and tools (e.g. Zoom, OneDrive) with an aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new technologies
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; EOIS/CAMS is essential
• Proficiency using social media and LinkedIn
• Strong administrative skills, detail-oriented, and well-organized
• Sensitivity to issues of diversity
• Keen awareness of issues facing women
• Commitment to working in a Collective with the ability to self-manage
• More than five (5) years employment counselling experience ideally delivering programs such as Second Career applications
• Ability to coach clients about self-employment
• Knowledge of a Collective structure
Hours:35 hours per week
Pay:$29.74 per hour plus extended health benefits
This is a full-time, permanent and unionized position. We offer RRSP savings, a defined pension plan, and a generous extended benefit package.
Please email your résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Cover letters are to be addressed to: Hiring Committee
The hiring process is governed by the Times Change Workplace Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Policy. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage candidates from varied backgrounds, including those who may require accommodation, to apply to join our team. As an agency providing front line service to women, only those who are qualified and identify as women will be considered (reference: Section 24 (1) (a), Special Employment, Ontario Human Rights Code)
No phone calls or email inquiries please.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.