Rate of pay: $28.12/hr
Location: Main St & remote
Start Date: August 15,2022
· Degree or post graduate certificate in HR/Career Counselling, experience in Employment Counselling and/or Job Development is an asset
· Professional English written and oral communication skills, fluency in Arabic or Spanish is required.
· Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of Hamilton’s labour market
· Ability to analyze, evaluate and collect information to assist in targeting the most suitable employment based on clients’ experience, education, and existing labour market factors
· Able to meet targets and goals
· Able to communicate confidently and effectively with clients
· Able to communicate confidently and effectively with employers
· Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
· Awareness of cultural diversity & sensitivity, anti-racism and anti-oppression practices
· Excellent cross cultural skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
Perform a full range of duties associated with Employment Counselling, Case Management and Job Development for the assigned portfolio including, but not limited to:
· Assessing clients’ employment and skills-development related needs for the development of individual employment action plans
· Assisting clients to develop job search skills and job search strategies
· Assessing need for additional assistance such as further vocational training/skills upgrading and make appropriate referrals
· Providing solutions-based counselling in the areas of job search, job placement, career decision, job maintenance, or other identified employment needs
· Providing up-to-date labour market information
· Assisting clients with resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation and other job search activities as needed
· Assisting clients in the use of online resources and technology for job search activities
· Delivery of employment related workshops and seminars to clients as needed
· Collecting labour market information regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
· Outreaching to potential employers, liaising and developing relationships with employers in industries aligned with clients’ career and employment goals.
· Marketing the skills and experiences of ready-to-work clients to employers, aiming to achieve employment outcomes.
· Attending industry related networking events and representing IWC on community committees
· Liaising with accrediting bodies, professional associations, government departments and other social, employment and community agencies as needed to facilitate clients’ progress
· Performing all other duties relevant to the position and program as required.
How to apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to the Hiring Committee via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Sunday August 20th 2022 at 11:59 pm
Early applications are encouraged, interviews may begin before the posting deadline.
IWC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.