Executive Assistant (Full-time)
CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. As part of central administration, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Executive Director and the Senior Leadership Team and reports to the Manager of EDO Projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Executive Assistant
• Coordinate and maintain calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments, speaking engagements, and travel (may include domestic and international) arrangements for Executive Director and Central Admin Projects and exercise discretion in committing time and evaluating needs.
• Screen all calls for the Executive Director and handle all inquiries within capacity
• Support to the Executive Director and the Senior Leadership Team and reports to the Manager of EDO Projects
• Manage incoming enquiries, distinguish vital and routine enquiries and direct them appropriately and in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensure that pending documentation is brought forward to the Executive Director and Manager of EDO Projects according to appointments, deadlines and reporting requirements
• Draft and review documents, meeting materials, reports, and correspondence for the Executive Director, Senior Team and Manager of EDO Projects for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary
• Organize, facilitate and manage EDO’s event planning details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material and etc.
• Provide organizational administrative support to senior management
• Provide required admin support to Manager of EDO Projects as needed
• Manage and coordinate senior leadership meeting agendas, prepare supporting documents, and meeting logistics, and record and maintain minutes
• Maintain central administration files including funding contracts, and template documents
• Perform routine budgetary and expense reporting support functions for Executive Director Office and Manager of EDO Projects
• Develop and maintain information databases as directed
• Provide support to special events as required
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships and communications with key internal and external stakeholders with discretion, tact and courtesy
Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary education in Social Sciences, Humanities, communications or a related field
• A minimum of 3+ years of experience in executive level and boards administrative position
• Expert level skills in MS™ Office and other office productivity systems such as Teams, Zoom, and etc.
• Excellent verbal and copy writing skills with proven ability to prepare executive level communications and reports
• Proven experience as an Events Planner or Organizer
• Strong interpersonal skills, including maturity, diplomacy and ability to create and maintain positive relationships
• Demonstrated high level of initiative, judgement and problem-solving ability
• Ability to excel while working as part of a team and independently
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential issues
• Ability to manage all stages of a project to completion
• Strong ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy in documentation and reporting
• Experience with not-for-profits organization is an asset
• Experience with social media/ digital marketing is an asset
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
Hours: 35 hours/week and occasional overtime may be required
Salary: Between 50,000 - 56,000 annually
Reports to: Manager, Executive Director's Office (EDO) Projects & Board Relations
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and occasional overtime as required.
How to apply:
Please refer to CCS job portal on: https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code T365 no later than October 10, 2022.
‘’ Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.