Social Planning Toronto is looking for a full-time Financial Manager who will be responsible for the overall financial management and accounting of the organization including all the financial transactions involving the General Operations, Special Projects and Projects in Trust funds. He/she will also be responsible for the implementation of systems-level recommendations arising from a recent review of our financial processes and procedures.
Social Planning Toronto is a charitable not-for-profit community organization with extensive collective experience in independent social planning, community development and education, policy analysis and research, advocacy, and co-ordination of social services.
- Review and implement recommendations of the Financial Review focusing on key areas such as: digitization of financial systems and timely historic and forward-looking reporting based on true cost accounting
- Overall responsibility for the management of SPT’s finances
- General Accounting responsibilities
- Maintaining financial records
- Comply with all laws, regulations and organizational policies including those governing the organization’s charitable tax status
- Prepare monthly and periodical financial reports
- Oversee all income and expenses
- Payroll administration
- Oversee adherence to all existing financial policies, procedures and systems.
- Work with and support the Finance Committee and Treasurer
- Prepare annual budget and budget submissions to funders
- Prepare year-end financial reports and liaison with Auditors responding to all audit requirements
- Experience with implementation of financial systems and process improvements
- Five years' accounting and financial management experience within the not-for-profit sector that includes:
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of financial systems, reporting, and analysis
- Use of modern accounting software and systems including QuickBooks, Excel, and Word
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters
- Strong oral and written English skills
- Working knowledge of:
- Pay equity
- Canada Customs and Revenue Agency and Ontario payroll taxes and sales tax requirements
- CICA not-for-profit accounting recommendations
- CGA, CMA, or CA designation a definite asset
- Senior management experience an asset
Salary: $60,000.00 – $72,000.00 plus benefits.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a covering letter and résumé that demonstrates how they meet the above criteria. Applications should be sent to:
Attn: Maria Serrano
Financial Manager Hiring Committee
Social Planning Toronto
1001–2 Carlton St.
Toronto M5B 1J3
Thank you to all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. No telephone call inquiries.