Position: FSL Instructor
Salary: $44.00 per hour (includes vacation and statutory holiday pay)
Location: Until further updates, most classes for the next school year will be held virtually, with a phased approach to opening in-person classes (in Oakville/Burlington/Milton/Halton Hills)
Work Schedule: Contract Position: Minimum of 3 hours/week, up to 10 months (September 2021-June 2022)
Start Date: September 2021
Gary Allan Learning Centres (Adult & Continuing Education program) is hiring FSL Instructors to teach a variety of non-credit French as a Second Language courses to adults, using the NCLC standards & framework.
- Minimum 3 years of experience teaching FSL to non-French speaking students.
- Excellent French and English skills (oral and written)
- Conducts classes in a respectful and engaging manner, which fosters self-directed learning leading to the achievement of personal goals.
- Good knowledge of the NCLC curriculum & ability to develop courses, units and lessons tailored to client’s learning needs using principles articulated in the NCLC Curriculum Guidelines (see link above).
- Experience assessing learners’ language gains and progress according to the Canadian Language Benchmarks using Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) protocols, an asset.
- Experience teaching virtually (in addition to teaching in a face-to-face setting) using multiple technology tools to retain learner engagement is a must.
- Experience using Google Classroom, an asset.
- Assess and identify students' individual learning needs, design & apply differentiated learning plans.
Dates & Times:
Program runs from September 2021 until June 2022
- Available schedules: Afternoon/Evening/Saturday
- Classes typically run 2 days during weekdays; once on Saturdays
- Preferences for program sessions/availability will be discussed during the interview process and confirmed as part of the job offer
Applications, along with your resume and other supporting documents must be submitted through Apply to Education – www.applytoeducation.com by Tuesday May 25 at 4:00p.m.
Job Category: Teachers, Principals & Superintendents - Job Code #3025399
We thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with the Halton District School Board. Contact will be made with applicants whose experience and qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position. Communication with short-listed applicants will be made through the email address provided on the applicants’ Apply To Education profile page.
The Halton District School Board recognizes that, consistent with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP), the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, employment practices and procedures at all levels should reflect, demonstrate understanding of and respond to a diverse population. The Board is committed to providing a workplace environment that is fair and equitable to all.
In our efforts to ensure an inclusive, diverse and representative workforce, we will:
- value, promote and encourage the hiring of staff from under-represented communities;
- value applicants’ additional experiences, lived experience, skills, backgrounds and perspectives;
Upon request, we will provide reasonable accommodations for candidates who have temporary or permanent disability, or who otherwise require accommodations based on the protected grounds highlighted in the Ontario Human Rights Code in respect to the recruitment and selection process.
The HDSB is committed to providing a respectful and healthy work environment.
Applications, along with your resume and other supporting documents must be submitted through Apply to Education – www.applytoeducation.com