TNO-The Neighbourhood Organization (TNO, formerly Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office) is a community based multicultural, multi-service agency which offers a broad range of programs to serve Thorncliffe Park, Flemingdon and the surrounding communities through strengthening the quality of individual and community life.
TNO provides programs and services which include settlement and language classes for newcomers, employment services, child, youth and family support services that are offered in more than 20 languages. Over the last 30 years TNO has served thousands of individuals and families.
This is a Part Time Contract position, ending September 8, 2018)
The Fund Development unit is responsible for the development and implementation of TNO’s fundraising strategy which secures revenue for the organization. The key role of the unit is to improve the revenue of the organization and associated programs by expanding the funder composition, broadening the funder base, and implementing formal fundraising efforts. This includes the development of fundraising strategy and sets priorities, goals and budgets; researches and identifies potential donors. Other tasks include maintaining donor databases, overseeing donor relationship coordination, working with the fundraising committee and overseeing event planning and campaigns as needed.
Fund Development Officer (Annual and Major Gifts) plays a key role in development, implementation and execution of a community based fundraising program. This will provide support to the Executive Director, and members of the Board related to fundraising, profile building, volunteer management, donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Developing fundraising strategy and operation work plans
- Developing and up-keeping donor prospecting plan and management strategy
- Developing proposals and Direct Mail marketing materials to raise profile, awareness and funds
- Developing new relationships and foster ongoing relationships, with individuals identified as significant or potentially significant donors
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing donors and prospective donors
- Liaising with the Executive Director and Board Volunteers and staff to ensure a streamlined and smooth cultivation and solicitation process
- Actively managing a prospect list of donors(cultivates, solicits and stewards these donors), maintaining database
- Facilitating and supporting volunteer committees and individual volunteers
- Assisting in the identification and implementation of new fundraising opportunities to increase revenue
- Managing overall solicitation process including preparing proposals and readying volunteers for donor meetings
- Other campaign-related administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Fundraising, Communications, or equivalent and related studies
- Three to five years of relevant experience in fundraising and communication including in Annual Programs and Major gifts
- Experience soliciting donors is mandatory
- Experience working with low-income, multi-racial, multi-lingual newcomer communities
- Experience working from an integrated anti-oppression, LGBTO+ positive framework
- Maintain professional conduct, confidentiality and ethical standards
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent project management and negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite, email, and other web programs
- Hours of Work:
This position is 7 hours per week, flexible between 8.30 AM to 8:00 PM besides evening shifts and weekends as decided by program requirements.
This position will be located within any of TNO’s service locations based on community and program requirements. The locations (multiple) for this position may be added or moved to new addresses in the future according to the community and program requirements.
How to apply:
To apply for this position candidates are requested to send a copy of their application (cover letter, resume and any other document supporting your candidature) by Friday December 15, 2017 by 5:00 pm. to:
Attn: Human Resource
TNO-The Neighbourhood Organization
1 Leaside Park Drive, Unit # 7
Toronto, Ontario, M4H 1R1
TNO-The Neighbourhood Organization is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code please contact 416-467-0126.
TNO-The Neighbourhood Organization is committed to employment equity initiatives. TNO encourage residents of Thorncliffe Park and surrounding communities and members of ethno-racial, aboriginal, immigrant, francophone, refugee, LGBT and disabled community groups to apply and self-identify.
Thank you to all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.