COSTI requires a General Manager for its Peel and York Regions Employment Services Programs.
This is a full-time non-union position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Oversees the delivery of employment services in the Regions of Peel and York locations
- Supervises and leads biweekly individual one-on-one meetings with those locations Managers and staff in accordance with the Philosophy of Management and agency policies
- Reviews, monitors, evaluates programs; reports from internal as well as external databases including CAMS and other funder data bases to enrich established programs, ensuring that quality service is provided and meets contractual obligations
- Coordinates the development of Action Plans for underperforming programs
- Sets program standards and provides direction to Managers and staff
- Contributes to full implementation of Performance Management system resulting in improved manager & staff performance & heightened work objectives individually and w/in teams.
- Develops Annual Business Plan and reviews, monitors, evaluates and enriches programs to ensure high quality service that meets/exceeds contractual obligations and is supported by effective marketing strategies
- Manages an annual budget of over $6 million; monitoring and controlling expenses within the guidelines and accounting practices.
- Develops and an annual budget for recommendation to Senior Management
- Ensures that all organizational timelines are met (e.g. monthly and quarterly reports, budgetary reviews, performance appraisals) and supports new initiatives including assisting with the development of new grants/programs
- Participates in division management team meetings, organizational meetings and external community commitments and takes on tasks and lead roles as agreed upon.
- Responsible for hiring, training and evaluating of managers & staff.
- Develops, liaises and maintains productive working relationships with other professionals, funders, partners, other service providers
- Researches, develops, prepares, recommends and implements new programs and services, assisting with funding proposals as required
- Ensures that the programs and staff are in compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the purchase of capital items e.g. furniture, office equipment etc. and the maintenance of the program’s home office
- University degree in a related field. Preference will be given to those with a BSW or MSW
- Three (3) years’ experience in staff supervision, newcomer and refugee program management, and financial management
- Demonstrated experience in project management including project design management and evaluation
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the transformation of Employment Services in Ontario
- Previous experience supervising staff remotely
- Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and evaluating services
- Demonstrated knowledge of international and national issues facing newcomers and internationally trained professionals
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel and email is essential
- Experience in entering and monitoring data in an internet-based database
- Ability to speak a second language would be considered asset
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Must provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening upon successful hire within the last 6 months
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID- 19
Duration of Position: Starting November 15, 2021
Starting Salary Range: $ 68,089 to $76,131 per annum + benefits
Location: 3100 Rutherford Road, Vaughan and 10 Gillingham Drive, Brampton
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letter as one file.
Thank all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.