Hostel Services provide short-term accommodation and support services for vulnerable populations experiencing homelessness including but not limited to families, refugees, women fleeing domestic violence and singles. COSTI’s shelters provide clients with a pet friendly dwelling.
This is a full-time non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week, Monday- Friday (9:00 am- 5:00pm)
• Trains, develops and supervises Housing Counsellors and Housing Volunteers.
• Liaises and reach out to landlords and property management companies.
• Leads the housing team/department to ensure better coordination of efforts and a unified strategy in housing clients.
• Collects housing data and produce narrative and statistical reports.
• Oversees the delivery and coordination of program services which includes supporting staff and client day to day issues, liaise with general counsellors and other teams on site.
• Ensures incident reports and documentation are up to date.
• Supports the hiring and training of new staff.
• Works closely with other Assistant Managers and Manager to ensure smooth daily operations and clear communication provided between the different teams.
• Coordinates/supports the delivery of services to clients.
• Process and review housing related service referrals and applications.
• Reviews/ensures files and documentation are up to date on data bases used.
• Ensures that the center and its staff are in compliance with COSTI’s operational policies and procedures and Toronto Shelter standards.
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent and related management experience.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience working with the refugee population or homeless population with minimum one (1) year of experience in supervising staff.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
• A second language is considered an asset
• Knowledge of specific issues facing refugees
• Minimum 6 months experience in the housing help sector.
• Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel and email is essential.
• Experience in entering and monitoring data in an internet-based database.
• Ability to speak a second language would be considered asset.
• Possession of a valid First Aid/CPR training certificate is considered an asset
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within past 6 months.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
LOCATION: Hwy 401 and Victoria Park
DURATION: October 3, 2022 to Dec 31, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $28.87 to $31.39 per hour
POSTING DATE: September 21, 2022
CLOSING DATE: October 4, 2022
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #226-22 to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=226-22