This is a full time Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm)
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducts housing search in and outside of Toronto for newcomer individuals and families.
• If needed escorts clients to housing appointments and advocates on their behalf.
• Secures appropriate and affordable housing for clients.
• Provides support to clients in negotiating and finalizing housing leases.
• Recruits housing providers and maintains a housing data bank/registry of housing providers.
• Provides crisis support and intervention as required.
• Mentoring volunteers to assist with housing search and escorting of clients.
• Maintains program and statistical information in COSTI’s database and prepares reports.
• Conducts housing orientation sessions to ensure that client understands rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords.
• Liaises and consults with other professionals and organizations.
• Refers clients to community & social service agencies for additional support
• Social Service Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience providing housing services to refugees or newcomers.
• Demonstrated experience providing services to families, refugees, Or newcomers.
• Ability to speak Spanish fluently is a requirement
• Previous case management experience.
• Knowledge of specific issues facing people fleeing war
• Knowledge of settlement and housing related services and resources, with an emphasis on the services and resources that exist within the Greater Toronto Area.
• Knowledge of Internet, Email and Windows software e.g. Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated experience in data-entry, documentation and reporting.
• Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills.
• Possession of a valid First Aid/CPR training certificate is required.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the last 6 months.
• Must be able to travel within the GTA to multiple locations using public transportation. Access to a vehicle is considered an asset.
• Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday.
LOCATION: HWY 401 and Dixon Rd
START DATE: October 9, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $47,790 to $51,435 per annum plus benefits
POSTING DATE: September 22, 2023
CLOSING DATE: October 5, 2023
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference # to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=203-23
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference # to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=203-23