This position manages a multi-disciplinary staff team. This position co-ordinates and monitors the activities of the Street Outreach Teams, Follow–Up Team, EPIC team, Rent Bank staff and LAMP location team, to ensure that these activities are carried out in accordance with agency policies and procedures. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- The Housing Manager completes funding applications for Housing Program services, including applications for the renewal of existing services and applications for new projects
- Ensures that Housing Program reports, including client service reports and financial reports, are completed and submitted on time
- Liaises with City-funders on matters relating to funding applications and also responds to specific requests from the City for additional information, reports, updates, etc.
- Monitors performance and activities of Housing Program staff on an ongoing basis to ensure both, that program funding requirements are met with respect to the achievement of client service targets and also, outcomes and that program expenditures remain within budgetary limitations
- Ensures that annual Housing Program staff performance evaluations are completed
- Participates in the hiring process of Housing Program staff and provides feedback on hiring decisions, subject to approval of the Executive Director
- Supports staff with the caseload of clients
- Co-ordinates and monitors program activities including: staff training; client service reporting; staff attendance; relief coverage; vehicle operating expense reporting; program expense reporting; vehicle maintenance and repairs; and equipment acquisition
- Represents the agency on various partner tables/groups
- Post-secondary education in social services or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of issues facing homeless people and housing
- Skills in assessment, case management, advocacy, and negotiation
- Organizational and co-ordination skills
- Knowledge of community resources and community services
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
Hours: Monday to Friday; 9:30am to 5:00pm (Some flexibility may be required).
Salary: $70,488.00 annual
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by Wednesday May 14, 2021, 5:00 p.m. to:
Lisa Kostakis, Executive Director
Email at: email@example.com
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Albion Neighbourhood Services is an equal opportunity employer.