The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI) acts as a collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors. OCASI’s membership is comprised of over 230 community-based organizations in Ontario.
This role is instrumental in maintaining a positive, efficient and solutions-oriented working environment for OCASI. It is a hands-on role handling the labour relations and human resources functions while assisting the Council in reaching its mission and vision of serving immigrants and refugees. The Human Resources Manager will foster a high functioning, collaborative and innovative culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. Drives the creation, updating, communication, implementation, and adherence of Human Resources, Labour Relations and Operations policies, procedures, and processes to remain current and in compliance with employment laws, industry standards, regulations and collective bargaining. Develop and facilitate all human resource initiatives and provide organizational development support to all departments and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, and labor relations ensuring strategic alignment between staffing, compensation and business needs
- Take a leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance to organization’s mission and objectives. Identify training needs within individual departments as well as organization wide needs. Develop, facilitate and/or provide training to the workforce, including management training, content training and organizational development interventions as needed
- Lead performance management, talent assessment, and effective labor relationships, including negotiating and administering labour agreements
- Drive recruitment efforts including identify and cultivate effective sources for top quality, diverse talent; ensure workforce planning, recruiting and hiring strategies are met including diversity goals; manage offers, prepare documents, facilitate the offer, and oversee orientation and on-boarding process
- Support managers providing HR guidance when appropriate and act as a point person for all staff regarding employee relations and HR matters. Maintain all personnel files, policies and procedures and provide guidance and interpretation to staff
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, labour relations or human resources. A CHRP/CHRL designation preferred. Master’s degree an Asset
- Over 5 years’ experience in Human Resources and Labour Relations Management with experience in collective bargaining negotiations
- Excellent presentation, advising, influencing, coaching, negotiating, leadership and report-writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels within OCASI’s organizational structure
- Experience in the non-profit and/or charitable sectors ideal
Job Type: Part-time
Hours: 21 hours/week
How to Apply:
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter by September 2nd, 2019 to:
Hiring Committee, OCASI
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity
Thank you to all applicants for applying. However, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.