OUR VISION: COMMUNITIES WHERE ALL CHILDREN, YOUTH, ADULTS AND FAMILIES
EXPERIENCE MENTAL WELLNESS, FINANCIAL STABILITY, AND A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE.
To better serve the diverse needs of our community, Lutherwood is committed to creating an antiracist, anti-oppressive environment where leaders, staff, clients, residents, and community members are represented across the agency. Representation, celebration and allyship for all ethnicities, races, sexual/gender identities, cultural backgrounds, abilities, and beliefs, are valued at Lutherwood.
There is one full time contract Human Resources Generalist position available starting September 12, 2022 -December 1, 2023, working 37.5 hours per week.
• Provides Human Resources services to leaders and employees of Lutherwood.
• Provides support and guidance to leaders and employees in relation to recruitment, employee engagement, policy and procedure interpretation and compliance.
• Advises and supports leaders and employees using a strength based and solution focused approach in problem solving.
• Supports leaders and employees to role-model and implement anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices.
Manages employee health-related claims such as WSIB, STD, LTD, Pregnancy and Parental leaves.
• Assists the Manager in assessment, co-ordination, preparation, and presentation of training activities.
• Prepares, writes and preliminary scores job descriptions and maintains the job evaluation system.
Your Valeues and Beliefs:
• Lead with Integrity: Provides support to leaders, staff members, and co-workers under varying circumstances. Acts as a guide who positively influences others.
• Knowledge: Possesses knowledge of legislation in relation to human resources issues. Ability to apply this knowledge and its relevance to Lutherwood leaders and staff.
• Creativity and Innovation: Seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas and solutions.
• Non-Judgemental: Approaches staff concerns from a place of understanding and non-judgement. Shows empathy when dealing with sensitive HR related matters.
• Commitment to Antiracism and Anti-oppression: Aligns with agency’s commitment to antiracism and antioppression and able to build authentic relationships with front-line staff, leaders, team members and community partners.
• Continuous Learning: Commitment to adaptability as processes and procedures evolve over time. Embracing technology and the transition to offering more virtual services.
• Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects.
Your Talents and Experience:
• Four years of experience in a Human Resources environment.
• Previous experience in the delivery of employee training and development initiatives an advantage.
• Knowledge of human resources practices, labour law, Health and Safety/WHMIS legislation and Employment Standards Act.
• Highly developed verbal and written skills; works collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
• Proven ability to achieve high levels of customer service, with adaptability, flexibility and resiliency to manage quickly evolving needs of leaders and staff.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and intimate working knowledge of the Internet.
• Experience working with Human Resource Information Systems an asset.
• A certified human resources designation is an asset.
What's in it for You?
• Rate of Pay: At Lutherwood all salaries are categorized under a series of “bands” determined during our job evaluation process. When determining rate of pay for external hires, a candidates past related experience will be taken into consideration along with where others with similar experience currently fall within the band. Note: most new team members will start at the starting salary.
• Job Band H (Hourly wages): Min- $27.54, Mid-$29.90, Max-$33.90
• Eligible for Lutherwood’s Benefits plan after 3 months of employment (for permanent position)
• Eligible for Lutherwood’s pension plan after 6 months of employment (for permanent position)
• Voluntary Group RRSP and TFSA options available
• 3 Weeks of paid vacation (accumulated bi-weekly) + 15 hours of personal time per year
• Paid sick time (accumulated monthly) to a maximum of 300 hours
• Access to our Employee and Family Assistant Program (no cost)
• Discounted GRT passes through membership with TravelWise
How to apply:
If you are customer-focused, results-driven and share our values and antiracism commitment, we want you to grow with us. Please submit resume, in confidence, no later than 4 pm on August 15, 2022 to:
141 Father David Bauer Drive
Waterloo, ON N2L 6N9
(Include job title in subject line)
This is an Internal and External posting.