We are looking for a passionate HR Professional to join our team! The HR Manager is responsible for fostering a high functioning, collaborative and innovative culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. The Human Resources Manager will develop and facilitate all human resource initiatives and provide organizational development support to all departments and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provide leadership and support regarding labour and employee relations matters on a day-to-day basis such as Collective Agreement and legislative interpretation and grievance avoidance
- Foster positive working relations with the bargaining units and non-unionized employees
- Oversee talent management including but not limited to the performance appraisal process and professional development
- Analyze trends in turnover, hiring, promotion, separation, etc. to determine and implement preventative actions needed to adjust unfavourable trends
- Develop and establish programs to enhance employee retention, including but not limited to identifying and implementing effective tools to assess engagement and support goals
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to HR, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and make recommendations to Management Team for improvement of organization’s policies, procedures and practices
- Relevant post-secondary degree (e.g. human resources or relevant field) or the equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience working preferably in the non-profit sector
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a management experience preferably in the non-profit sector
- Minimum of 5 years' related experience working in labour relations in a unionized environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders
- Excellent judgment, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, analyze problems to determine causes, evaluate alternative solutions as well as take and/or recommend appropriate resolution
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task as well as meet tight deadlines and demanding schedules
- Demonstrated ability to integrate in-depth knowledge of equity, access and anti-racism into all aspects of work
- Ability to function in a multidisciplinary, culturally diverse workplace
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
- Job type: Permanent, full-time, 35 hours per week
Send a cover letter and resume with “Human Resources Manager” in the title to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at email@example.com. This posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
OCASI is committed to anti-racism, anti-oppression and employment equity. While voluntary, we encourage you to indicate in your application if you are an Indigenous person, Black, racialized, a woman, 2SLGBTQI person or a person with a disability. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.