Centre for Immigrant and Community Services CICS is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to empower newcomers in settling and integrating as contributing members of Canadian society through diverse, professional and innovative programs and services. We work to enable newcomers to fully integrate, participate and contribute to all spheres of Canadian society. Our success stems from our workforce culture bound by three core values: Compassion, Inclusivity, and Collaboration.
- Greets visitors/clients and directs them to appropriate program /service staff
- Operates the main switchboard, screens, takes messages and directs calls to appropriate program/ service staff, and provides general information to clients and the public
- Provides information on agency programs/services; schedules and reschedules client appointments; handles cancellations, and keeps accurate intake records
- Works with volunteers and provides on-going orientation for volunteer receptionists
- Prepares interoffice courier waybills and mail for delivery to other centres/ locations
- Sorts and routes incoming mail, faxes and other materials
- Prepares and maintains facility and program materials and information by updating the bulletin boards
- Keeps and maintains the office clean, organized and tidy
- Communicates with staff regarding scheduling and program information
- Assists in promoting programs/ services
- Assists in registering clients for activities, collects fees and files proper receipts report
- Assists in client data entry
- Collects front-desk statistical log sheets
- Maintains petty cash account
- Other administrative tasks as assigned from time to time.
- College diploma in office/business/administration procedures, or customer service or equivalent and at least 2 years of office experience
- Intermediate level of office procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese is required
- Ability to manage time effectively and set priorities
- Must have strong customer service orientation
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the multicultural communities, and especially the needs of the newcomers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in problem-solving
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask, able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills with proficiency, intermediate level in Windows software e.g. Microsoft Word (Word, Excel and Outlook), Internet and E-mail
- Ability to cope with changes and be flexible in scheduling; willing to work some evenings and/or weekends
- Vulnerable Sector Screening is mandatory.
Hours: 30.5 hours per week, may require working irregular hours including evenings,
weekends and holidays
Salary: $18.40 per hour
Location: 7220 Kennedy Road, Unit 8, Markham, ON
How to apply:
Resumes and cover letters are to be sent to CICS quoting # Job 14A-19 / Intake Receptionist by 5:00 p.m. on June 14, 2019 to:
Centre for Immigrant and Community Services (CICS)
2330 Midland Avenue,
Centre for Immigrant and Community Services CICS is an equal opportunity employer. We provide accommodations during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities if required. This will be in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act and Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you to all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. No telephone call inquiries.