CICS is a not-for-profit organization and registered charity with a mission to empower newcomers in settling and integrating as contributing members of Canadian society through diverse, professional and innovative programs and services. We work to enable newcomers to fully integrate, participate and contribute to all spheres of Canadian society. Our success stems from our workforce culture-bound by three core values: Compassion, Inclusion and Collaboration.
Ref: # 22-23/ Intake Receptionist
Job Title: Intake Receptionist (evenings and weekend)
Team/Unit: MSWC Admin
Location: Markham South Welcome Centres
Hours: 35 hours per week; may work irregular hours, including evenings,
Saturdays and some holidays
Salary: $37,219 to $40,659
Current Rate: $20.45 per hour
Summary of the Position / Nature and Scope
This position works mainly at the front-desk and supports team staff in the Markham South Welcome Centre. This position receives daily work instructions from the Program or Centre Manager and occasionally from other senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• To greet visitors/clients and direct them to appropriate program or service staff;
• To operate the main switchboard, screens, take messages and direct calls to appropriate program or service staff, and provide general information to clients and to public;
• To provide information on Welcome Centre programs, services and schedule appointments, reschedule client appointments and handle cancellations, and keep accurate intake records;
• To provide Reception duties in-person, over the phone, social media, etc.
• To work with volunteers and provide on-going orientation for volunteer receptionists.
• To prepare interoffice courier waybills and mail for delivery to other offices and locations;
• To sort and route incoming mail, fax, and other materials;
• To make photocopies, scan, and file documents;
• To maintain the schedule on space usage of Welcome Centre;
• To maintain the facility, prepare program materials and update the information on the bulletin boards;
• To keep and maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the facility.
• To communicate with staff regarding appointment scheduling and program information;
• To assist in promoting program and services;
• To assist in registering clients for services, program, and activities;
• To assist in client data entry;
• To collect Welcome Centre statistical log sheets;
• To keep and maintain inventory of program materials, resources, supplies, equipment and furniture.
Intake Receptionist also performs any other duties assigned by the superiors.
• Diploma from college in office, business, administration procedures, or customer services or equivalent and at least 2 years office experiences;
• Intermediate level of office procedures;
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written fluency in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin is mandatory;
• Ability to manage time efficiently and set priorities;
• Must have strong customer service orientation;
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to the multicultural communities, and especially the needs of the newcomers;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experiences in problem solving;
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask, able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment;
• Strong computer skills with proficiency, intermediate level, in Microsoft Office, Internet and Email;
• Knowledgeable with mobile devices, and Social Media platforms such as WeChat, Little Red Book, Facebook, etc.
• Ability to cope with changes and be flexible in scheduling and willing to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
• This position incumbent is responsible to tidy up the program venue and materials used in the program by restoring, reusing or discarding them properly after every program activity.
Resumes and cover letters are to be sent to CICS by email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on May 31,2023.
Application should quote # Job 22-23 / Intake Receptionist and address the covering letter to
Hiring Committee, Centre for Immigrant and Community Services (CICS), 2330 Midland Avenue, Toronto, ON, M1S 5G5.
CICS is an equal opportunity employer. We provide accommodations during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities if required. This will be in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act and Ontario Human Rights Code. We thank all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. Regrettably we cannot accept telephone inquiries.