Mennonite New Life Centre
Canada Summer Jobs
Job Posting: IT (Information Technology) Business Analyst
Hours: 15 hours per week
Duration: 270 hours
Remuneration: $14.25 per hour
Number of Positions: 1
About the Organization
The Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto is a Not-for-Profit organization that provides services to those new to Canada including vulnerable youth and seniors and provides much-needed mental health supports to newcomer families. Community engagement is vital, and to ensure that the Centre provides the best services, the information technology business analyst will have to effectively manage information technology to directly support additional users that directly interact with newcomers and communities. If the information technology business analyst is not able to provide adequate support to the information technology team and the organization, then the Centre's ability to engage with newcomers and the community will be diminished.
The IT Assistant will assist the IT Manager with the overall implementation and maintenance of all technological equipment, databases, systems and processes.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program and only eligible applicants will be able to apply. Eligibility requirements include the following:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration; and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment and;
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
• Support the installation of all technical equipment including computer network, email, phone system, printers and other devices at all New Life Centers;
• Set up and configure computer hardware/operating systems in a Microsoft Office environment;
• Provide support in the maintenance plan of all Microsoft Office applications, help to move, add, update, and change requests of both hardware and software; may include physically moving equipment, running cabling, etc.;
• Provide user support in a cloud based environment and on the ticket system application;
• Provide user support in updating internal inventory of equipment as needed;
• Set up new accounts on all equipment as needed;
• Provide I.T. Equipment set up support during potential future events held by the Centre;
• Assist in orientation sessions for new employees concerning all information technology applications;
• Participate in special projects and meetings as required;
• Provide input on information technology systems infrastructure and recommend any improvement if seen;
• Due to COVID-19, the information technology business analyst, will mostly provide remote services help, application support, and other duties and responsibilities that can be done outside of office, until vaccination rates increase or until it is determined by the IT manager, the COVID-19 task force, and the Health and Safety committee that it is safe for the information technology business analyst to head to the office. When the information technology business analyst needs to head to the office, they will adhere to the policies depicted in the COVID-19 emergency response plan and based off the training resources posted on the company's intranet for all employees.
The Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto welcomes the opportunity to discuss accommodation and ensure fairness in our hiring process. Please let us know if you need specific arrangements. We also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org