OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
The LASI Portal IT Specialist is responsible for the daily administration, management and maintenance of the LASI Portal. This includes maintenance and updating of the website component, managing user access and administration, delivering user training (employee and client), portal documentation maintenance and ongoing collaboration on functionality & technical issues with the portal developer(s).
What is the LASI Portal
The LASI portal is a service delivery platform on which clients can receive online settlement services via video conference. They can book appointments, complete an intake form, a needs assessment, an action plan, receive referrals, upload pertinent documents, create a portfolio and view orientation and training materials on the learning management system. They can also access a directory of LASI and broader services. The LASI portal includes a client-facing website that features all participating LASI agencies and the services they provide.
The LASI Portal functions via PHP language to program the portal's functionalities, HTML and CSS to program the portal's structure and is designed with an integrated database programmed in MySQL.
- Working with our developer(s), update and manage web component of the LASI portal including maintaining linkages to programming within participating partner sites
- Uploading and removing of content in a timely manner
- Provide training and technical support to participating partner employees and clients
- Write and maintain technical manuals and documentation
- Occasional after-hours support to clients who may have technical issues
- Communicate effectively with non-technical clients to solve technical issues
- Keep track of all the IT-related issues associated to the LASI portal
- Ongoing tracking of system functionality
- Purchase of software and hardware equipment as required for LASI portal functioning
- Oversee the maintenance, backing up, and securing of the LASI database, as well as retrieving files and generating reports as needed
- Train coworkers from non-technical backgrounds on information systems
- Research and stay up to date on new technologies and methodologies
- College Diploma or University Degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- 3-5 years in a professional IT capacity
- Extensive knowledge of information technologies and systems
- Exposure to technical writing
- Project & time management skills for time-sensitive projects
- Strong client training and communication skills
- Self-motivated, works well independently and with a team
- Technical courses in software and hardware installations, operating systems, database applications, troubleshooting and networking will be advantageous.
Salary & Benefits: $47,300 annually. Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement.
How to applly:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by July 30, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. to:
Agnieszka Wedrychowicz, Manager HR & Operations
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.