CICS is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to empower newcomers in settling and integrating as contributing members of Canadian society through diverse, professional and innovative programs and services. We work to enable newcomers to fully integrate, participate and contribute to all spheres of Canadian society. Our success stems from our workforce culture bound by three core values: Compassion, Inclusion and Collaboration.
Ref./Job Title: 05-23 / IT Support Services Manager
Work Location: Head Office, 2330 Midland Ave., Toronto
Hours:35 hours per week; and this position will need to work irregular hours including evening, weekends and some holidays
Salary Range:Commensurate with experience
Management of IT Services
The Manager of IT Support Services is responsible for overseeing and providing systems management and technical leadership in IT and all related functions.
The successful candidate will also manage several staff members to carry out the following duties:
• Provide project management for on-going IT projects and support initiatives;
• Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of all operational, security and emergency procedures.
• Provide leadership in communication by keeping the management abreast of critical issues, development and implementation of technical activities that affect or impact on the operations;
• Ensure clear and timely communication pertaining to end user notification and updates;
• Train, supervise and evaluate IT team staff and identify development needs and implement training for end users;
• Maintain a consistent and professional atmosphere for staff to work in.
• Advise on the establishment, and responsible for maintenance, enforcement, and audit of systems and infrastructure security, security procedures and protocols;
• Monitor and respond quickly to newly identified security threats;
• Establish software usage and network policies and procedures regarding access methods, access contents, security validation checks and documentation;
• Provide technical leadership in resolving hardware including printers, laptops, desktops, telephone and all associated peripherals, network, and software problems;
• Analyze all systems messages, and follow problem determination procedures;
• Maintain system security and perform systems back-up procedures and ensure back-ups are completed successfully;
• Monitor and review systems effectiveness performance, functionality, availability and operating stability;
• Work with suppliers and vendors to repair and replace equipment as needed;
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels for equipment and accessories.
• Bachelor degree in computer science or a relevant field, with a minimum of five years of directly applicable, progressively responsible experience in a technical environment with key strengths in user support and administrator role;
• Excellent organizational, follow-up and priority setting skills;
• Demonstrated leadership skills and must have experience in staff supervision and team work;
• Extensive experience as a project and technical lead, providing end-to-end delivery and support of mission critical information and/or operational technology infrastructure solutions in a highly complex environment.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people and to facilitate collaboration;
• Strong knowledge of Cisco devices and Application Centric Infrastructure
• Extensive experience in VMWare virtualization platforms
• Strong knowledge of AWS and Azure Cloud services
• Proficiency in MS Teams, SharePoint, Adobe Photoshop; knowledge of software development languages, local area network technology, Microsoft products, SQL, web design, etc.
• Knowledge of Cloud Phone platform administration and management
• High level of integrity and accountability;
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written proficiency in English;
• Able to travel in the GTA, has a valid driver license and possession of a car is preferred;
• Proof of a “Vulnerable Sector Screening”.
Please apply in confidence to address the covering letter and resume by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on January 20, 2023. Applications should quote Job #05-23 IT Support Services Manager.
CICS is an equal opportunity employer. We provide accommodations during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities if required. This will be in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act and Ontario Human Rights Code. We thank all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. Regrettably we cannot accept telephone inquires.