The job developer will assist participants in finding employment in construction and maintenance
This is a Union position scheduled to work 24 hours per week. Hours of work are Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• Solicits placement opportunities in the construction trade sector.
• Inquires employers about safety precautionary measures and conducts worksite inspections prior to placing clients.
• Prepares and confirms placement contracts with employers.
• Organizes and conducts pre-employment workshops blended delivery in class, via Zoom and other online tools.
• Facilitates preparation for WHMIS certification.
• Identifies clients’ job readiness and employment training needs.
• Assists participants in developing individualized and self-directed job search work plans and career portfolios.
• Reviews, critiques and provides feedback on participants’ résumé development and finalization.
• Provides one-on-one counselling and support to program participants via telephone, email, virtual meeting tools and/or in person.
• Assists participants in identifying and networking with field professionals.
• Prepares clients for online and in-person job/work placement interviews, provides feedback and coaching.
• Monitors participants’ progress in their field placements and employers’ satisfaction.
• Assists participants in securing employment in the professional sector relevant to their past experience.
• Solicits feedback from participants and employers for program evaluation.
• Prepares and maintains narrative and statistical reports and other documentation as required.
• Inputs clients’ information into database system for services provided and maintains case notes of clients’ coaching sessions and records of employer contacts.
• Conducts follow-ups with participants upon completion of program field placements.
• Career and Work Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
• Minimum of six (6) months of experience facilitating employment workshops and counselling.
• Must have nine (9) months of experience working with employers and placing clients.
• Experience and sensitivity in working with Foreign-Trained/Experienced Skilled Workers.
• Strong knowledge and experience using virtual meeting tools such as Zoom and MS Teams.
• Experience in facilitating online training through Learning Management System (LMS) such as Moodle.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Internet, and email is essential.
• Knowledge of wage subsidies and/other Employment Support Programs offered through Employment Ontario.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with exceptional multitasking skills.
• Knowledge of access to professions for newcomers and their pre-employment needs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Car is required for travelling throughout the GTA
• Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
LOCATION: 7700 Hurontario St., Suite 601, Brampton ON
START DATE: April 3, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $32, 772 - $35, 268 per annum + benefits
POSTING DATE: March 13, 2023
CLOSING DATE: March 24, 2023
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #72-23 to the below link: