Times Change Women’s Employment Service is a non-profit community agency providing employment and educational counselling for women.
The Job Developer is responsible for all aspects of the Job Matching and Placement Incentive (JMPI) program service delivery, with specific accountability to Employment Ontario targets. The Job Developer develops relationships with employers, places clients with multiple barriers into job-developed opportunities, and represents Times Change at community, partner and employer meetings.
Times Change is a single-layer organization where the roles and responsibilities of management are also carried out by the staff. In understanding this, we are looking for a candidate who brings strong knowledge, understanding and experience from the non-profit sector. We are specifically looking for an individual with exceptional leadership skills who has the ability to manage, and a strong understanding of our funders, most importantly, Employment Ontario.
- Participate in delivering outreach and marketing activities within the community including job fairs, community and employment agencies, and performing outreach to employers
- Develop relationships with private employers to market JMPI program and secure employment opportunities for clients
- Promote employer participation through on-the-job training, employer incentives, job shadowing and trial job periods
- Provide coaching to both clients and employers throughout the lifecycle of a clients’ job placement contract
- Monitor participants’ progress in job placement and employers’ satisfaction
- Conduct assessment of employer’s workplace to ensure a positive experience and workplace training capacity
- Monitor the budget allocations with the financial administrator
- Prepare employer contracts, monitor placements and ensure accurate file management and closures
- Responsible for monitoring, calculating and ensuring invoices are accurate and according to the hours allocated to the employer
- Meet monthly statistical requirements and achieve individual targets towards overall team outcomes
- Maintain an active caseload and employer contact database and ensure all case notes are performed with accuracy and in a timely manner
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the JMPI program; provide recommendations for increased effectiveness
- Supervise JMPI support staff and volunteers
- As part of the collective, participate in agency committees, decision-making, funding/fundraising activities, and share responsibility for the day-to-day management of the agency, including regular attendance at staff meetings
- Minimum of five (5) years of directly related work experience as a Job Developer within the Employment Ontario Service Delivery Model
- Previous experience in management or leadership
- Relevant post-secondary education, or equivalent experience
- Experience with job development techniques, sales presentations, and negotiating contracts
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Knowledge of the impact of COVID-19 on the labour market for women, job search techniques, job search resources and employment research methods
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse population of women who have barriers to employment
- Excellent interpersonal and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, collective staff members, outside agencies and employers
- An understanding of Canada Labour Code, Employment Standards Act, OW Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, and relevant employment acts
- Equipped to work remotely with adequate internet capabilities
- Knowledge of online communication platforms, techniques, and tools (e.g. Zoom, OneDrive) with an aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new technologies
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, EOIS/CAMS
- A second language
- Knowledge of a Collective structure
Hours: 30 hours per week
Pay: $29.74 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
This is a permanent and unionized position. We offer RRSP savings, a defined pension plan and a generous extended benefit package.
Please email your résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to: Hiring Committee
Subject line: Job Developer application Application Deadline: Friday February 26th at 5pm.
The hiring process is governed by the Times Change Workplace Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Policy. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage candidates from varied backgrounds, including those who may require accommodation, to apply to join our team. As an agency providing front line service to women, only those who are qualified and identify as women will be considered (reference: Section 24 (1) (a), Special Employment, Ontario Human Rights Code)
No phone calls or email inquiries please.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.