Facilitate two 5-day Job Search Workshops (JSW) – Module I and Module II, including JSW Assessments, counselling and follow-up with newcomer/immigrant participants.
- Comply with JSW curriculum standards: Perform client needs assessment, facilitate two 5-day Job Search Workshops (Module I and Module II) in a culturally sensitive manner according to schedule
- Conduct follow-up and post-workshop activities
- Instruct participants on job search strategies, including: learning the Canadian Labour Market, occupation research, accessing the hidden job market (networking and cold calling), creating a targeted Résumé/Cover Letter, preparing for effective interviews (using mock interviews and website interview tools)
- Meet or exceed contract targets (i.e. targets for: number of client assessments and workshop participants, outcome and follow-up requirements)
- Ensure monthly reports are accurately completed and submitted to Pickering Welcome Centre Manager within required time frames
Knowledge and/or training of:
- Group dynamics and facilitation
- Issues and challenges facing Newcomers
- Job search techniques, including internet job searching
- Résumé/cover letter writing and interviewing techniques
- Labour market trends – local, regional, provincial and national
- Human Rights Legislation, Labour Laws and Employment Equity Laws
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent facilitation and coaching skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – listening, building rapport, supportive, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
- Multitask, work well under pressure and adapt to change
- Organize and prioritize for workshop preparation and timely completion
- Maintain positive group dynamics and manage potentially disruptive participant behaviours (e.g. domination, frustration, reluctance, discrimination, etc.) to ensure individual participant’s needs are met within a group setting
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Preference will be given to applicants trained in the delivery of JSW Curriculum
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as Psychology, Social Services or Education
- 2 - 3 years’ experience as a Workshop Facilitator or demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction
- Experience working with clients from diverse backgrounds is an asset
- Second language is an asset
- Proficiency in computer use and keyboarding >45 wpm
How to apply:
Please submit your application by Monday September 20, 2021, 9:30 a.m. using JSW Facilitator in the Subject line to:
Thank you to all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.