Muslim Community Services (MCS) is a group of diverse professionals dedicated to enhancing community engagement. Our agency was established in 1987 as a non-profit organization to serve and work with most vulnerable and newcomers of our community to facilitate their full participation and integration into Canadian society. We offer a wide range of services and learning opportunities to connect participants to a better future. MCS is looking to hire a LINC Coordinator to administer, guide and develop the key initiatives to enhance the language capacity of newcomers to integrate faster into Canadian society. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Executive Director or his/her designate.
• Provide guidance, supervision and support to all MCS LINC staff, volunteers and clients
• Assist with the day-to-day operations of the LINC Program in accordance with the Program policies, IRCC requirements and MCS policies and procedures
• Maintain program records and statistics of enrollment, attendance and support services using HARTS and iCARE
• Assist LINC instructors with PBLA practices in the LINC classroom, when needed
• Monitor childcare staff, ensuring they follow the Childminding Monitoring Advisory & Support (CMAS) guidelines
• Report in writing on monthly outcomes of the LINC program including statistical data, trends, gaps, recommended improvements and other information relevant to Program development
• Organize PD events, staff meetings and fieldtrips in cooperation with staff and LINC Manager
• Conduct staff performance evaluations and share results with the LINC Manager
• Responsible for supply staff time sheets, transportation subsidy records, preparing P.O. requisitions, filing, photocopier issues and similar
• Organize and lead the Project Advisory Committee meetings quarterly and report to LINC Manager on outcomes and plan of action
• Assist the LINC Manager in preparing monthly and annual reports for the Board as well as funders
• Foster team building and collective problem-solving amongst team members
• Liaise and networks closely with community partners and stakeholders
• Any other duties or responsibility prescribed by the Board and/or designate that is complimentary or required for this position and the program.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Project Management or related field with minimum two years’ experience in supervisory role in LINC or a related program
• TESL Certificate from a Canadian recognized institution with current TESL Ontario Certification and membership a definite asset
• Extensive knowledge of HARTs, iCARE and Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA)
• Experience working with newcomers to Canada, strong understanding of barriers to social and economic participation of newcomers in Peel Region
• Demonstrated leadership in developing impactful, high-quality programs and services.
• Experience using online tools and platforms to enhance and complement in-person service.
• Experience in convening and facilitating meetings and compiling the minutes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building skills
• Excellent presentation, report writing and cross-cultural communication skills; Arabic language is a definite asset
• Strong communication skills including presentation, public speaking, and grant writing abilities.
• Ability to exercise excellent judgement, prioritize, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity to change.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments, take on additional responsibilities, and be a team player.
• Excellent Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Social Media, Office 365.
• Flexible to work evenings and or on weekends, when required.
• Police Record Check including for Vulnerable Sectors at your own cost.
• Must have own transportation, valid driver’s license, to use own vehicle for job-related travelling on a regular basis.
This is a temporary leave replacement position
MCS is an equal opportunity employer that promotes the principles of diversity and equity, and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available upon request; all requests must be made to the HR department in advance.
(WE THANK YOU FOR APPLYING. ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED)
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter in ONE document (PDF, Word or Rich Text Format) referencing
MCS-JC-0229- LINC Coordinator by May 3rd, 2023 to:
Human Resources Department
Muslim Community Services
197 County Court Blvd, Suite 303 Brampton, ON L6W 4P6