TCCSA is seeking three LINC Instructors who are passionate about teaching and can make learning interesting and fun for their students. The LINC Instructors are responsible for the provision of instruction in English as a Second Language and life skills required by newcomers to Canada, following a curriculum which is adapted to the needs of newcomers.
The details of the position are listed as the followings:
Job Title: LINC Instructors (File #03 – 23)
Location: TCCSA - Peel Centre (720 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Unit 2, Mississauga)
Levels and Working Hours -
CLB 1: M – F 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
CLB 2/3: M – F 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Literacy: M/W/F 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Posting Date: February 28, 2023
Closing Date: March 10, 2023
Salary: $38.06 per hour Start Date: April 2023
• Design, implement and instruct LINC students based on the CLB and PBLA Guidelines, both online and in-person;
• Design PBLA-based module plans as well as daily lesson plans following the Revised CLB 2012 and the LINC Curriculum;
• Provide computer-assisted instruction using language learning software & websites to complement theme-based lessons;
• Design assessment tasks for ongoing evaluation of learners’ progress based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks and PBLA guidelines;
• Adhere to the assigned class schedule and work cooperatively with LINC Supervisor, Program Assistant, and regular teachers to maintain program quality;
• To maintain good attendance ratio to meet funding requirements;
• Assist in program-related activities and/or tasks assigned by the LINC Supervisor.
- Canadian university degree or equivalent;
- TESL Ontario certified;
- Completion of Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA) training and Canadian Language Benchmarks Boot Camp;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience in teaching all levels of adult ESL/LINC classes;
- Good knowledge of PBLA and CLB standards, and proficiency in HARTS;
- Knowledge and experience in EduLINC, Avenue, and/or other courseware. Avenue Stage 2 or above certification is a definite asset;
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to assess language competence of adult participants using the Canadian Language Benchmarks;
- Proficiency in supporting learners remotely via phone or online tools and resources;
- Experienced in Microsoft 365 and Office environment;
- A clear, mandatory Vulnerable Sector Screening-Police Reference Check.
Please submit application by March 10, 2023, 4:00 pm through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should quote File #03-23 on the application.
We thank those who are interested in this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Regrettably, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
TCCSA is an equal-opportunity employer. TCCSA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.