COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This 10-month LINC program follows the school calendar year and closes each summer for approximately 2 months. The LINC manager position is closed for 6 weeks each summer. The North York LINC program has nine (9) classes - levels Literacy to 6 and provides childminding services to participants of the LINC program in a Unionized environment.
This is a fulltime non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Supervises staff, administers the operations of the Centre and provides leadership in the development and delivery of programs
- Manages Language and Skills Development programs (e.g. LINC, ESL, Computer Training, etc.)
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplining staff, students and volunteers
- Reviews, monitors, evaluates and researches established programs to ensure that quality service is provided and meets funder and partner's obligations
- Develops, liaises and maintains a productive working relationship with other professionals, funders, partners and other service providers
- Provides leadership to ESL instructors in the delivery of the LINC program, including PBLA and CLB framework. As well as CNC staff in the compliance of CNC requirements
- Ensures that all organizational time lines are met (for grant applications, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, and performance appraisals)
- Provides input into the development of Centre’s budget. Monitors, controls and approves budgetary expenses within allowable limits
- Researches, develops, prepares, recommends and implements new programs and services
- Develops and writes funding proposals
- Advocates and promotes the programs and services within and outside the organization to both private and public sector
- Participates in organization meetings and other community meetings
- Post-secondary degree in a related field
- Must be TESL Ontario certified
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in staff supervision and administration. Preference will be given if this experience was obtained in a language instructions setting
- Three (3) years ESL teaching experience with working knowledge of the LINC program and Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Demonstrated knowledge of Portfolio Based Language Training
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, analytical and decision-making skills, with a budget of 800,000 or more
- Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate in other languages is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with community organizations and government
- Sensitive to and aware of the social problems facing immigrants
- Proficiency in using Internet, e-mail, and windows environment
Start date: March 1, 2019
Starting salary range: $56,794 to 61,754 per annum (12 months) + benefits
Location: Sheridan Mall, 1700 Wilson Ave. Suite 206
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please quote reference 14-19 and send your resume with a cover letter February 22, 2019 to:
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street Toronto, M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.