COSTI REQUIRES A LINC MANAGER FOR ITS LANGUAGE AND SKILLS TRAINING SERVICES, MARKHAM NORTH WELCOME CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, visit www.costi.org.
This 10-month LINC program follows the school calendar year and closes each summer for approximately 2 months. The LINC manager position is closed for 6 weeks each summer. The Markham North LINC program has 6 classes - levels Literacy to 6 and provides childminding services to participants of the LINC program in a unionized environment. This position also manages the Language Training at the Workplace (LTW) program which offers language training to employees at their worksites upon employers’ requests. All language training services are currently delivered online during Covid-19.
This is a full-time non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
(Unpaid closure during Summer)
• Supervises staff, administers the operations of the Program and provides leadership in the development and delivery of services。
• Manages Language and Skills Development programs (e.g. LINC, ESL, Computer Training, etc.) in the matrix of the Welcome Centre partnerships.
• Responsible for the Language Training at the Workplace (LTW), a fee for service program.
• Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplining staff, students and volunteers.
• Reviews, monitors, evaluates and researches established programs to ensure that quality service is provided and meets funder and partner's obligations.
• Develops, liaises and maintains a productive working relationship with funders, partners, employers, other service providers and professionals in the sector.
• Provides leadership to language instructors in the delivery of the LINC program and ensures operation is aligned with the PBLA and CLB framework.
• Ensure that Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) operation is in compliance with CNC requirements.
• Ensures that all organizational time lines are met (for funding applications, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, and performance appraisals).
• Provides input into the development of Centre’s budget. Monitors, controls and approves budgetary expenses within allowable limits.
• Researches, develops, prepares, recommends and implements new programs and services.
• Develops and writes funding proposals.
• Advocates and promotes the programs and services within and outside the organization to both private and public sector.
• Participates in organization meetings and other community meetings.
• Post-secondary degree in a related field.
• Must be TESL Ontario certified.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in staff supervision and administration. Preference will be given if this experience was obtained in a language instruction setting.
• Two (2) years Adult ESL teaching experience with working knowledge of the LINC program and Canadian Language Benchmarks.
• Experience delivering online training with working knowledge of virtual delivery tools and Learning Management Systems such as Moodle.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Portfolio Based Language Assessment.
• Familiar with the HARTS and CLARS systems
• Demonstrated experience in financial management, analytical and decision-making skills. With proficiency in EXCEL.
• Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate in Mandarin is an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to liaise with community organizations and government.
• Sensitive to and aware of the social problems facing immigrants.
• Proficiency in using Internet, e-mail, MS Office and Windows environment.
The successful incumbent must complete LearneIT2Teach Stage 3 training within the probationary period.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters,
by clicking on the below link.