ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 40,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.
ACCES is looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of project management and the oversight of major application implementation(s), project lifecycles, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and follow-up support.
- Demonstrate active leadership, support, and engagement of teams for the successful delivery of all initiatives, services and/or programs in their department, site and/or across the organization, and ensuring all funding requirements and commitments are met as required
- Oversee the implementation and on-going support and maintenance of all enterprise applications:
- Lead project management for all IT-related undertakings throughout all major project lifecycles, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and follow-up support
- Lead and oversee requirements gathering including flowcharting business processes to define operational activities, procedures, and models for projects, change requests, and bug fixes
- Facilitate analysis of business procedures to develop specifications for enterprise applications and systems
- Work with internal leadership team and stakeholders through various project stages to understand business priorities and to ensure meaningful engagement
- Function as a liaison between business and technical resources to develop IT solutions that meet business needs
- Provide tactical technical input throughout the lifecycle of the project to ensure successful and sustainable implementation solutions
- Lead change management for all projects and major system enhancements
- Provide key technical knowledge on the evaluation, selection, and procurement of key vendors including software, applications, and implementation partners
- Work as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility with other IT systems
- Manage the testing process, which includes devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments, and coordinating actual software testing
- Maintain the internal business documentation and provide updates and reports for senior staff and project sponsors
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and user training in collaboration with various departments
- Support with the development and implementation of a comprehensive training plan to support the launch of the tools
- Identify and manage dependencies, issues and risks; develop and implement risk mitigation plans related to the project
- Ensure all systems meet all industry standard cyber-security protocols
- Ensure all systems comply to regulations such as PIPEDA, AODA, PCI, etc.
- Supervise staff, managing performance and providing direction, coaching, and leading by example
- Direct and supervise contractors and vendors
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases; oversee warranties and service agreements
- Foster a collaborative approach among the Information Systems team and with the broader organization
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers
- Other duties as assigned by the SVP, Information Services
- Degree in computer science or a related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the areas of IT and enterprise applications
- Experience with Salesforce an asset
- Experience working with a not-for-profit organization is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure effective and collaborative interaction with all levels in the organization and with external stakeholders
- Strong collaborative leadership approach, able to influence stakeholders and oversee varied projects to completion
- An approachable leader with a proven track record to inspire, motivate and develop rapport
- Ability to work in a changing and growing environment
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a car
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working in the office and from home. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
Please Note: ACCES remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of October 1, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions. Employees who are not fully vaccinated due to a valid medical exemption must provide written proof from an allergist/immunologist/cardiologist.
Reports To: SVP, Information Systems
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons and, persons with disabilities.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of any accommodation measures that are required. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.