COSTI REQUIRES A MANAGER, CLINICAL COUNSELLING FOR ITS SHELTER SERVICES PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
Shelter Services provide short-term accommodation and support services for vulnerable populations experiencing homelessness including but not limited to families, refugees, women fleeing domestic violence and singles. COSTI’s shelters provide clients with a pet friendly dwelling.
This is a non-union contract position scheduled to work minimum 10 hours per week might require to rotate between weekdays and weekends working out of two shelter locations. On occasions the weekly hours might be as much as 15hrs based on staff and client needs.
• Supervises and directs Mental Health Counsellors including clinical supervision; performance appraisals and ensuring the training needs of staff are met.
• Provides directs counselling to individuals, couples and families.
• Convenes case consultation meetings with staff and assigns caseload.
• Provides public education to shelter residents through onsite and virtual sessions.
• Identifies the service needs for the client group and develops plans for supports.
• Builds and fosters relationships with potential partners.
• Participates in community committees as assigned.
• Oversees the delivery and client service plans for clients.
• Maintains and updates work schedules ensuring proper delivery model of sessions.
• Ensures incident reports and documentation are up to date.
• Works closely with Assistant Managers and General Manager to ensure proper planning and delivery of service to clients.
• Reviews/ensures files and documentation are up to date in various data bases used.
• Supports and leads mental health counsellors in managing crises and high-risk situations.
• Works with team on developing, updating and recommending shelter policies.
• BSW and registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. Masters of Social Work is an asset.
• A minimum five years of clinical counselling experience.
• At least one year supervisory experience. Preference will be given to those whose experience was obtained in a Shelter setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Toronto Shelter Standards.
• Demonstrated ability in developing, implementing and evaluating programs.
• Demonstrated knowledge in issues facing people experiencing homelessness.
• Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel and email is essential.
• Experience in entering and monitoring data in an internet based database.
• Must have valid first aid/ CPR certificate.
• Possession of a valid Naloxone training certificate is required.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within past 6 months.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link: