Title: Manager, Employment Services
Reports To: Director, Services & Community Engagement, Peel Region
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario, and Canada. ACCES helps more than 40,000 jobseekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women, and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 35 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills, and experience of Canada’s population.
We are looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
For the Manager, Employment Services position, we are seeking a results-oriented team player with demonstrated management skills in a not-for-profit environment. This individual will have exceptional team building, community engagement, partnership building, communication skills and strong Employment Ontario experience to manage our Mississauga location. Reporting to the Director, Services & Community Engagement, Peel Region, this individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of client service delivery at the Mississauga location with specific accountability for Employment Ontario services. As part of the management team, this is a non-unionized position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• WCG Specific Deliverables:
o Ensure all team deliverables, KPIs, and performance targets are met, including job placements, outcomes, claims, and all service requirements as stipulated by WCG
o Execute quality management plan, service initiatives, and meet outcome targets
o Interpret or translate policy and contractual requirements for team members
o Train and mentor staff to ensure their performance exceeds minimum KPI standards
o Strong program and staff leadership and a rich understanding of employment programming
o Experience and knowledge of Employment Services e.g., systems, processes, and client experiences
• Manage and supervise direct and indirect reports, including Employment Consultants, Employer Liaisons and administrative staff
• Manage, coordinate, and monitor all assigned programs and services, ensuring all funding requirements, commitments and targets are met and assigned budget is spent
• Provide leadership and expertise to employment team in areas of assessment, case management, problem solving, intervention, crisis management, and understanding the principles and ethics of employment counseling
• Conduct performance reviews and support staff in identifying and pursuing professional development and training opportunities
• Coordinate the recruitment, training, and management of new employees, placements, and volunteers
• Participate in the development and implementation of an effective outreach strategy to create and enhance relationships with community partners, funders, and employers
• Represent ACCES in the Mississauga community networks and collaboration initiatives
• Demonstrate sensitivity and cultural awareness with regards to serving the needs of newcomer clients
• Support the successful execution of events at ACCES Mississauga
• Participate in planning activities and work collaboratively within the management team
• Preparation of proposals, regular reports, and statistics
• Coordinate and ensure all site facilities’ maintenance and repairs, equipment and renovation projects are completed according to established processes and procurement policies
• Oversee all site health & safety activities and participate in the Health & Safety Committee as a Management Representative
• Analyze and report program activities and make recommendations to senior management regarding strategies and activities that improve program efficiency and effectiveness; support implementation of recommended strategies and ensure program targets are met and exceeded
• Ability to travel to all ACCES locations, employer sites, outreach and networking events
• Other duties as assigned by Management
Experience and Qualifications:
An organized self-starter with experience and education in the following areas:
• University Degree in Business, Human Services, or a related field
• Over 5 years of work-related experience in Human Services and minimum of 3 years’ experience of supervision and program or project management
• Exceptional strength in human resources areas of performance management, team leadership and staff coaching/mentoring, preferably in a diverse setting
• Solid knowledge and understanding of local labor market trends and community services networks
• Experience with Employment Ontario or Employment Ontario transformation is an asset
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of career and employment counselling and/or job development is an asset
• Experience developing community partnerships and funding proposals
• Experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or employment sector is an asset
• Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving and time management skills
• Ability to prioritize and appropriately identify and respond to urgent situations while meeting competing deadlines
• Experience with online service delivery and related technology is considered an asset
• Health & Safety Certification is considered an asset
• Ability to travel to all ACCES locations, employer sites, outreach, and networking events
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working in the office and from home. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
Please Note: ACCES remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of October 1, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions. Employees who are not fully vaccinated due to a valid medical exemption must provide written proof from an allergist/immunologist/cardiologist.
Job Application Instructions:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply directly on our website: https://accesemployment.ca/learn-about-us/work-with-us
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email and/or cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of any accommodation measures that are required. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.