• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business development, public relations and/or marketing, with demonstrated success in meeting ambitious targets, developing strategic collaboration and partnership opportunities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, or post graduate certificate in Public Relations, Marketing or a related field and equivalent experience, would be an asset.
• Confident and persuasive communicator with demonstrated skills in building and maintaining business relationships.
• Strong presentation skills using a variety of tools and formats, in person and online
• Experience in project management and/or coordination of complex activities
• Extensive knowledge of industry sectors and local labour market is imperative. Established industry contacts are an asset.
• Able to work effectively as part of a team.
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Manager of Industry Relations will perform a range of duties associated with managing IWC’s strategic partnerships and collaboration with local employers, unions and networks, towards accelerated labour market integration for newcomers to Canada. These duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Identifying employers, unions and professional network/bodies in target sectors and conducting prospect research to inform relationship development strategies and proposals.
2. Planning for and developing strategic collaborative relationships with local employers in order to increase employment opportunities for newcomers, focusing groups of industries aligned with current programming and participants’ skills and work experience.
3. Analyzing, evaluating and interpreting collected information to assist in targeting the most suitable partner or collaborating employers, towards meeting program and organizational goals.
4. Collaborating with the Employment Services team to identify specific outreach and partnership needs and employer leads.
5. Collaborating in the coordination of job-development activities of IWC Employment Specialists to ensure proper prospect clearance procedures.
6. Acting as a liaison between IWC’s team of Employment Specialists and employers to market IWC’s job-seeking newcomer clients to employers and facilitate onboarding of IWC’s clients when required.
7. Encouraging and engage employers to provide industry/occupation specific input and expertise into the program and to develop orientation opportunities (e.g. workplace tours, Q&A or networking sessions); acting as a liaison between employers and IWC program staff.
Send a resume and cover letter to the Hiring Committee via email IWCHiring@IWCHamilton.ca
Thursday, August 19th, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Interviews may begin before the application deadline. Interested parties are encouraged to submit and applications soon as possible.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.