ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 40,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.
ACCES is looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
This position is an exceptional career opportunity for someone with experience in overseeing the delivery of government-funded programs, aptitude for applied technology, and interest in developing innovative approaches to serving clients. This position will play a pivotal role in enhancing an AI-based virtual client service tool to support jobseekers to access our programs and events and get information relevant to their needs. As part of the management team, this is a non-unionized position.
- Refine and execute project plans for a range of digital service initiatives that are completed in accordance with funder deliverables and/or organizational priorities, including the determination of key performance indicators, baseline data points, and an evaluation framework
- Manage the project budget to ensure funds are spent effectively and appropriately to support the successful execution of deliverables and initiatives
- Lead the coordination of internal stakeholder feedback and collaborate with various departments to execute training and change management initiatives related to VERA and other digital services (e.g., training resources, refreshers, new staff orientation)
- Enhance the user experience and lead generation potential of VERA through making changes to the conversation architecture and phrasing in direct response to staff and user feedback, as well as increasing the depth and breadth of information known to VERA through collaboration with project partners
- Work with the Director, Online Services, the IT Team, and strategic vendor partners to increase efficiencies for internal teams and clients to facilitate the receipt of referrals through internal and external channels
- Gather and analyze VERA data and other syndicated data on an ongoing and continuous basis
- Work alongside marketing and communications to support the ideation and development of content for relevant presentations, and other collateral to disseminate pertinent information about ACCES’ digital services and capacity with a variety of key audiences
- Identify, capture, and update the issues log for VERA and help set priorities for change requests to improve this tool based on usage, user and staff feedback, and organizational priorities
- Work alongside the Marketing and Communications team to ensure alignment on content and information provided by VERA and digital integration
- Support ongoing activities of the Online Services team, such as virtual events, staff training as well as adding clients and programs to various platforms
- Work closely with various departments to ensure quality assurance and service excellence for digital services delivery in the organization
- Develop and implement new ideas and processes for the continuous improvement of digital services and organizational development
- Manage and support staffing activities for report(s) including recruitment, supervision, performance management, staff engagement and training and oversee program delivery in the absence of a director
- Liaise and negotiate with users, vendors, and service providers to ensure the efficient and cost effective acquisition of goods and services
- Explore new funding opportunities to continue and enhance digital initiatives at ACCES
- Other duties as assigned including support of site activities, supervising staff on evening shift rotation, and support of other managers/activities as required
- University/college degree
- 5 years of related work and management experience
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector and working in a diverse community is an asset
- Strong sector knowledge and understanding of labour market challenges and barriers
- Demonstrated leadership experience, a collaborative decision maker, and an open and effective communicator (verbal and written) who values diversity
- Experience using online collaboration platforms; experience with AI and/or virtual assistants would be considered a strong asset
- Strong ability to learn how to use and troubleshoot new online tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels in the organization as well as with clients, employers, community partners, other service providers and funders
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexible to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines; must be pro-active, and have a sense of urgency
- Proven strength in human resources areas such as performance management, team leadership, and staff coaching/mentoring etc.
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations, as needed
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
We are currently on a hybrid work schedule, working in the office and from home. This hybrid work schedule is subject to change based on business requirements.
Please Note: ACCES remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of October 1, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions. Employees who are not fully vaccinated due to a valid medical exemption must provide written proof from an allergist/immunologist/cardiologist.
Title: Manager, Online Services
Reports To: Director, Online Services
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons and, persons with disabilities.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of any accommodation measures that are required. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.