JobStart, a nonprofit agency serving the GTA since 1980, provides a range of employment, training, mentoring and settlement services to job seekers including adults, internationally trained professionals, newcomers to Canada, persons with disabilities, seniors, students, women and youth at three locations in Toronto. We also provide a range of recruitment services for employers. JobStart’s mission: JobStart empowers clients and employers to maximize their potential through participation in a variety of career and personal growth programs and services.
Purpose of the Position:
As a member of the Management team, provides leadership for employment services, in collaboration with other Employment Ontario managers, including supervision of staff, scheduling and planning, directing and coordinating overall programming and services. Reporting activity and Quality assurance related to Employment Services, Youth Job link and TRIEC Mentoring Partnership programs. Expertise required in EOIS-CaMS and its reports, case management, financial management, project management, employer relations and community partnership development strategies. Plays a lead role in planning and coordinating activities designed to promote JobStart, funders and specific programs and services to employers and key stakeholder
- Hire, train, provide day-to-day supervision, direction and support, ongoing performance management, training and development; consults with Director in final hiring, termination and employee relations matters to meet the current and long-term organizational needs
- Set clear work objectives and monitors individual performances to meet or exceed contract targets. Coach staff on challenging case management and job development issues as it relates to meeting the employment needs of job seekers
- Statistical analysis of reports generated from EOIS-CaMS, TRIEC mentoring, Forum Research and Internal Database; ensure integrity of data and quality assurance in program files and data systems
- Lead work teams and committees relating directly/indirectly to employment and Mentoring services by supporting the activities and mandate of JobStart and being responsible for managing the day to day operation of services for various levels of government and private corporations
- Adherence to all JobStart’s policies and procedures, such as service standards, JobStart’s Collective Agreement, Privacy, Bill 148, ESA and AODA legislation and other relevant legislations
- Lead the development of statistical, financial, narrative reports; provide support for funding proposals and corporate engagement activities
- Demonstrate exceptional project management, customer service, capacity building, human resources, and financial management skills
- Ability to assess program performance develop and implement corrective measures for issues identified
- Initiate and maintain effective relationships with key community partners, to develop co-ordination of services to enhance employability of clients to grow and build capacity for employment services for unemployed individuals
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills to effectively resolve complex issues to ensure program success
- Play a lead role in activities to promote JobStart, funders and services to community, employers and key stakeholders
- Initiate and maintain effective relationships with key community partners, to develop co-ordination of services to enhance employability of clients; to grow and build capacity for employment and mentoring services for unemployed individuals
- Ensure all key deliverables including program evaluation of the TRIEC Mentoring Partnership and OTF mentoring project are met
- Ensure compliance to Contract and ensuring appropriate authorization and documentation validation is obtained
- 3+ yrs. Management experience preferably in Employment Ontario and professional Mentoring programs including all aspects of supervision of direct reports with demonstrated experience meeting the employment needs of ‘at-risk’ youth, adults, newcomers and seniors
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources, Project Management, Social Services or other related program
- Broad knowledge of occupations and current labour market conditions and understanding of employment barriers of diverse client groups
- Detail orientated, ability to take initiative and be creative, with superior organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines and targets; ability to manage change/transition
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Experience and familiarity with social media platforms an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment with limited supervision and with proven sound judgment skills
- Advanced skills utilizing all Microsoft Office Applications; EOIS CaMS experience an asset
- Familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to an employment service work site and the OH&S responsibilities of a supervisor
- Certification in Crisis Intervention, First Aid, Occupational Health and Safety an asset
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle as travel is required within the GTA
Supervisor: Director, Programs and Strategic Initiatives
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week (Early morning, evening hours and weekends are periodically required)
Approximate Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $60,000 to $65,000
Location: 219 Dufferin Street
How to apply:
Send Cover Letter & Resume by March 15, 2019 to:
Jemima Sabapathy, Director, Programs and Strategic Initiatives
JobStart welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
JobStart strives to represent the diversity of the community in our hiring practices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Only those who meet the qualifications above will be considered for this position and invited for an interview. No telephone enquiries please.