United Way Greater Toronto is looking for an experienced and community-driven Manager, Regional Homelessness & Housing Initiatives to join our team at our Toronto office on a 1-year contract.
Reporting to the Vice President, Community Investment and Development the Manager, Regional Homelessness & Housing Initiatives is responsible for enhancing UWGT’s role in system solutions addressing homelessness and housing at a regional level by bringing together investments, research, public policy and convening opportunities that will leverage UWGT’s partnerships and contributions.
- Work with Service Managers, Community Entities and Alliances to End Homelessness from Peel, York and Toronto to improve systems across Peel, Toronto and York. This will include identifying opportunities for common initiatives; investigating processes and structures from other jurisdictions that have enhanced coordinated efforts; convening key stakeholders to move forward on cross-sector solutions to homelessness; and preparing for effective meetings.
- Advise VP, Community Investment & Development, as well as government relations, public policy and research teams to develop leadership positions and identify opportunities for UWGT to participate in public policy discussions and public education on the issues of homelessness and housing
- Gather, synthesize and analyze data from multiple sources and jurisdictions to inform policy options and system level solutions for cross-sector tables, partnerships and UWGT work in homelessness and housing
- Lead the redesign and implementation of the homelessness and housing program grant stream, working in partnership with the Community Service Sector team to review and create a revised framework for CSS Anchor and Program Stream Grants that integrates a best practice, system level approach. This will include engaging funded agencies and other stakeholders, creating a new framework, and assisting with the management of the grants process.
- Manage agency relationships and support UWGT funded agencies to share, promote and embed best practice in program design and implementation through coordinating communities of practice, training and workshops, and knowledge mobilization in partnership with sector-serving groups, agencies and UWGT staff
- Identify funding opportunities and assist with fundraising, donor engagement and stewardship related to homelessness and housing>
- More than 3 years and up to and including 5 years experience working in housing and homelessness services and systems in the non-profit community service sector
- Post-secondary education in a related field, or equivalent work-related experience
- Sound knowledge of government policy and systems related to housing and homelessness
- Demonstrated experience convening organizations and multi-sectoral partnerships with a results-driven framework
- Strong communication and facilitation skills (both written and verbal)
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to conduct research and use independent judgment to problem-solve
- Ability to influence, negotiate and manage contentious issues to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage constituent relationships
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse employee population and multiple stakeholders
Please apply no later than August 7, 2020.
As part of our recruitment process, United Way Greater Toronto offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities. If we contact you about an opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.
About United Way Greater Toronto:
As the largest non-government funder of community services in the GTA, United Way Greater Toronto reinforces a crucial community safety net. United Way’s network of agencies and initiatives in neighbourhoods across Peel, Toronto and York Region works to ensure that everyone has access to the programs and services they need to thrive today. Mobilizing the network and other community support, United Way tackles #unignorable issues linked to poverty. United Way’s work is rooted in ground-breaking research, strategic leadership, local advocacy and cross-sectoral partnerships committed to building lasting solutions to the GTA’s greatest challenges.
Diversity & Inclusion:
United Way is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community to ensure we’re best equipped to serve it. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes beyond promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of experiences and perspectives, we create opportunities for innovative solutions and maximize the impact of our work.