Reporting to the Principal, Continuing Education, the position is responsible for the management of the federally and provincially funded Settlement and Newcomer Language programs for the Halton Catholic District School Board, through the Thomas Merton Centre for Continuing Education. The position is responsible for the academic, financial, enrollment and resource management aspects of the programs in multiple locations within the Halton Region.
- Oversee language instruction programs for Newcomers to Canada (LINC, ESL, FSL, Specialized Language Training (SLT) and projects under two different funding sources from the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) & Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC), including the hiring, training and performance evaluation of staff
- Oversee the Board’s Settlement Services Program
- Establish and enhance strategic, external and internal partnerships to optimize student support
- Partner with stakeholder members both in the community and education-based providers across the region to review and plan newcomer language training needs in the region
- Analyze enrollment data systems such as HARTs (History of Assessment, Referral & Training) and iCARE (Immigration Contribution & Reporting Environment) to guide program-level strategic plan and priority setting
- Schedule summer and school year programs based on trends and client needs and conduct bi-annual student surveys
- Manage program finances and funding timelines for multiple funding streams under MCCSS and IRCC, ensuring grant applications and monthly/quarterly/annual reports are completed on time and submitted to the appropriate organization
- Travel between Board locations within the Halton Region and to various partnership meetings both within Halton and the greater Toronto area is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Adult Education or a relevant field. TESL certification and/or prior experience managing adult education and/or Settlement Service Programs is required
- Minimum four (4) years experience in an adult learning environment, preferably with a school board.
- Knowledge of immigration trends and policies
- Experience managing staff both in a unionized and non unionized environment is an asset
- Strong leadership skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent data analysis skills
- Ability to negotiate Contribution Agreements with funders; both Federal and Provincial funders
- Knowledge of preparing multi-year budgets
- Ability to liaise with Financial Services Staff and Auditors to ensure program compliance and delivery
This is a full-time, thirty-seven and one half (37.5) hours per week position effective immediately.
Salary: Salary Band 6 ($87,341 to $98,283 per annum – under review)
Location: Thomas Merton Centre, Oakville (Travel to other sites will be required)
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit a covering letter with an updated resume, detailing your experience and qualifications no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, July 27, 2020. to:
The Halton Catholic District School Board will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Human Resources Staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.