Manager, Settlement Services, Settlement & Engagement Place
CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status.
We are searching for a dynamic and dedicated individual to join our team in the role of Manager, Settlement Services at our new Settlement & Engagement Place. It will provide a place for newcomers to meet, connect and build skills by combining a self-directed service approach with individual case-based settlement services.
If you want to apply your skills, experience, and talents to an organization that is making a difference in the lives of newcomers then this is the opportunity for you!
Why join us?
We ensure our employees are reflective of the diverse clientele that we serve. We thrive on supporting our community, performing meaningful work, learning from our colleagues, making a difference and having fun!
What do we offer?
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive dental and health packages, paid sick time, learning and development opportunities, employee recognition programs, and a great workplace culture.
What you will be doing:
• Plan, develop, and manage all aspects of the Settlement Resources Networking Hub programs
• Oversee the day-to-day management of the location
• Develop and maintain service delivery partnerships with internal CCS programs and other community service providers in support of program activities
• Devise and implement the program’s outreach strategy
• Ensure collection and entry of service data into an agency database, OCMS and ensure the reporting of all relevant data into iCARE on a regular basis
• Monitor the program budget and prepare monthly financial reports for the Program Director and Finance department
• Recruit, train, and supervise program staff and volunteers to ensure effective delivery of services and compliance with all required policies and procedures
Represent CCS at service networks, community meetings and conferences
What are we looking for?
• University degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
• A minimum of 3 years of managerial experience, preferably in settlement sectors
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in staff supervision and evaluation
• Experience managing a site or facility
• A valid Social Insurance Number and legally entitled to work in Canada under relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
• Successful completion of a background check and/or vulnerable sector check upon hire
We strongly encourage all those who are interested to apply, even if they do not meet every requirement!
Salary: $33.64-$35.49 per hour based on experience + benefits
Location: in person, Brampton
Work Hours: 35 hours/week. Must be available to work evening and weekend shifts.
How to apply:
Please refer to the CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code P368.
Application Deadline: March 24, 2023
“Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.