INTERNAL/EXTERNAL OCISO JOB POSTING
Position: Mentorship Program Coordinator (ONE Hub)
Term: Full-time (35 hours/week) December 2023 – Indefinite
Reports to: Manager of the Community Economic Development Program
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
As a member of the dynamic and growing Community Economic Development team, the incumbent will work cohesively with other community partners to support the social and economic integration of aspiring entrepreneurial newcomers by connecting them with training, business support, networking opportunities, mentorship, work placements, and with other market actors within the Ottawa Newcomers Entrepreneurs (ONE) Hub.
Under the direction of the Manager of Community Economic Development at OCISO, and in close collaboration with the Hub Manager, the Mentorship Coordinator will coordinate and deliver a mentorpreneurship program encompassing a range of activities such as one-on-one coaching and long-term mentorship which will support clients through the initial planning phases to business launch and beyond.
• Work closely with the CED Manager to implement the mentorpreneurship program in consultation with core partners and stakeholders as needed
• Establish a work plan, processes, mentorship framework, reporting procedure, and risk mitigation strategies to ensure the smooth development and delivery of the Mentorship initiative
• Maintain mentor/mentee database for detailed activity/outcome tracking
• Facilitate and attend Advisory Committee meetings for input and feedback
• Coordinate networking events and workshops within the mentorpreneurship program
• Support in designing and implementing mentorship evaluation framework and ONE Hub program evaluation
• Responsible for virtual/ in-person event planning
• Employment Counselling/Mentorship Matching
• Conduct Mentee intake and assessments; assess client’s mentorpreneurship readiness, and define their short/long term business goals
• Performs the initial in-depth assessment and ongoing re-assessment of client employment and business planning and enrolment needs
• Provides employment/business related Information and/or Orientation to aid the client to better understand the larger context and processes
• Provide referrals to other programs/services as needed
• Facilitates connections to Settlement, OCISO services and services and resources in the community
• Facilitates language assessment and referrals
• Facilitates obtaining the necessary references
• Conducts follow-up and evaluation
• Identify mentor/mentee matches and conduct introduction sessions, providing ongoing support of mentor/mentee match
• Establish and facilitate volunteer Mentor and Alumni outreach and retention strategies to recruit and engage Entrepreneur Mentors who will provide guidance tailored to Mentees’ individual needs
• Foster ongoing communications to support re-engagement of consortium alumni to act as coaches, cultural resources, mentors and role models for entrepreneurship clients
• Engage volunteer mentors, specifically Ottawa entrepreneurs via social media, community engagement and business events
• Design and deliver orientation sessions to clients and Mentors
• Promote the program though outreach activities and promotional materials
• University degree or college diploma in Employment Counselling, Business Coaching, Entrepreneurship studies, Human Resources, or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas; employment supports, human resources, career coaching/counselling, labour market integration, and business coaching
• Knowledge of the labour market trends and challenges faced by newcomer entrepreneurs to Canada
• Excellent organizational, coordination and presentation skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven facilitation and presentation skills
• Effective interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
• Proficiency with current computer applications including the MS Office Suite, internet-based productivity tools and databases
• Fluency in English essential, other languages desirable
• Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
Salary & Benefits: $53,566 - $54,672 annually. Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement.
Application Deadline: December 6, 2023, until 12:00 p.m. (EST). Rolling interviews will be conducted.
Application Process: Please rename your cover letter and resume with your "First name_position title" (e.g., OCISO_MPC _letter or resume) before applying and send it to HR Department: email@example.com
We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, especially women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to people with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR & Operations Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Please note, after the hiring process is complete and before joining, OCISO requires successful candidates to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination document as a condition of employment, subject to an Ontario Human Rights Code exemption.
Thank you for your interest in joining OCISO. We appreciate all applications. Due to the volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those selected for further consideration process upon request.