ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 32,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
The position of Newcomer Bridging Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting the team in all client service related activities. There is one position available at each of our five locations for a total of 5 positions: Brampton, Mississauga, North York, Scarborough and Toronto.
Please indicate your preferred location when applying.
- Provide customer service to clients
- Welcome clients at reception and in the RI Centre
- Assist with Client flow to RI Centre, workshop rooms and at special events
- Assist staff to ensure all client needs are met
- Collect and organize client registration forms
- Assist clients in the RI Center and workshops with photocopying/faxing/printing
- Update information in the RI Centre as directed
- Promote ACCES services to employers and community partners through telephone campaign
- And other duties as assigned
- Must be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Superior customer service skills
- Must have completed a minimum of 1 year post-secondary studies at a college or university
- Must be returning to school on a full-time basis in September, 2018
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Pursuing post secondary education in the field of Community & Employment Services, Career & Work Counseling, or Marketing & Communication preferred
- Must not be a client of ACCES, or a relative of an employee of ACCES
- Some experience in an administrative setting is an asset
- Previous work or volunteer experience working in a community base setting is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills – MS Office and troubleshooting
Job status: Unionized
Contract Duration: 1 Year Contract with possibility of extension
Salary: $52,865.67 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send an updated resume and cover letter, outlining your experience and qualifications as it relates to this opportunity, no later than June 14, 2019 to
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Please Note: This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidate may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identify or gender expression.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you to all applicants. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.